Fluval Plant 3.0 Lighting Schedules and Programming - The Planted Tank Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Fluval Plant 3.0 Lighting Schedules and Programming

This is a thread to share programming tips, schedules, and app screenshots for the Fluval Plant 3.0 and the Plant 3.0 Nano. Please use other threads for light shopping and comparisons.
Discusluv likes this.

Style: Organic potting soil, gravel, sand, wood, plants, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Classic 150, Neptune Systems Apex EL
Tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 12:57 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Following, this should be interesting, thereís a guy on YouTube thats talks about it a lil bit, right now I have the nano led, just did the update so now I have pro mode but just use it in auto for now.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Here is my medium-power dual siesta for my organic soil nano tanks. I will also share a lower-power version.

Please note that the Warm White percentages don't show in this screenshot.

Style: Organic potting soil, gravel, sand, wood, plants, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Classic 150, Neptune Systems Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 01:13 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
Here is my medium-power dual siesta for my organic soil nano tanks. I will also share a lower-power version.

Please note that the Warm White percentages don't show in this screenshot.

What are the advantages of running the lights like this?
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

There are two reasons for a siesta or two.

In an organic soil tank, you get a bit of CO2 from decomposition in the soil. I can see it in my Apex pH logs. Nighttime gives the biggest boost, but you get a smaller one with each siesta, but with diminishing returns (like naps). The broken-up schedule is fine for the plants, but not as conducive for algae, compared to the same light in one long photoperiod.

However, the primary reason is so the hobbyist can enjoy the tank in the morning, mid-day, and at night, without a ridiculously long photoperiod that would cause algae problems. So I get to wake up with my tanks before work, and also before bedtime.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 01:47 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
There are two reasons for a siesta or two.

In an organic soil tank, you get a bit of CO2 from decomposition in the soil. I can see it in my Apex pH logs. Nighttime gives the biggest boost, but you get a smaller one with each siesta, but with diminishing returns (like naps). The broken-up schedule is fine for the plants, but not as conducive for algae, compared to the same light in one long photoperiod.

However, the primary reason is so the hobbyist can enjoy the tank in the morning, mid-day, and at night, without a ridiculously long photoperiod that would cause algae problems. So I get to wake up with my tanks before work, and also before bedtime.
Ok, gotcha
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 02:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ill get another shot of the break down later at some point but this is what I have been running for a while now on my low tech 40B and its been working well with my setup. Dose ThriveC twice a week with some added phosphates and potassium.

FYI my light is raised about 2" above the tank to get better spread since its a 40B

Turbonut likes this.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

You can rename your light.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 01:38 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
You can rename your light.
Yep I noticed that
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 03:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks Streetwise, yeah just wasnt worried about it in the least to be honest. Had enough troubles updating to the pro version then figuring out how to setup all the points lol. I do save the programs to names I come up with but with only one fluval light not to worried about it.

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I'm really happy to have my dual siesta these days since I am stuck in my room most of the time. My only true routine is waking up with the tanks, and then watching them ramp down to blue at night.

This is the low power version of my schedule:

Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 02:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
This is excellent! Thanks again for this!

Amy
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 08:49 PM
Algae Grower

This is awesome. I've been trying to find something that gave a general range for low, medium, and high light for the fluval 3.0. My percentages are working for one tank, but it has higher light plants in it. The other tanks, I'm not so sure about.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I just got a 15" Fluval. My Nano programs would not copy so I had to start again.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

These schedules have been working really well for me for months now. Everything is pretty balanced with plant health and algae control.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Tags
fluval plant 3.0, fluval plant nano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode