Fluval Plant 3.0 LED - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 05:35 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish+plants View Post
Hi, you are right, the Current LED mount is ugly plus does not work. The Fluval fixture was too heavy I think and it tipped at an awful angle. I searched forever to find the clips for the Fluval, finally found at Marine and Reef.com. They have both regular clips and a suspension kit, both of which fit the Fluval 3.0. They were super quick with shipping as well. The iGrowtek 2 feet LED Grow Light Stand Rack at Amazon did work and does not look too bad. They have different lengths as well. It has adjustable hanging system with small clips so I put a small ring through the back of the Fluval mounting clip and hooked to that. I did find another system which mounts on the back of a cabinet, Marine and Reef as well, but I have no cabinet to mount to. It may help for you Wonger77. I sure wish Fluval would come up with a system, maybe we could all lobby them!!
Thanks for the info. I am probably going to get the light and just set it on the tank until a good mounting solution can be found. I'll probably get the light and clips from that site as well since they are having a sale right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update: I did order the Fluval LED suspension kit a few months ago (cannot find it in stock now) and just received 2 of the UNS hanging bars and set it up! It looks good and works, except now my Fluval Plant 3 will not connect to the app

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 08:29 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
I can't see why a suspension kit would impact the bluetooth in any way. Unplug each light for a minute, turn them back on and set them to green, and restart the app. Surely it's just a hiccup.
evil8 and fish+plants like this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you, I tried that as well as uninstalling the light and still did not work. The light does come on, but only white color, and did cycle off! I will try again, fresh with a cup of coffee this am. I contacted Fluval, we shall see.

I also wanted to let others know that there is a way to suspend this light over the tank, I finally found it!

Yeah, the old when in doubt, unplug and reboot computer; tried again and did not work

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan

Last edited by fish+plants; 07-18-2020 at 01:35 PM. Reason: update
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 06:25 AM
Algae Grower

Less PAR doesn't mean it has less photosynthetically usable radiation(PUR). The new led technology is getting better every year by leveraging more PUR vs PAR,this saves energy and the emitters last longer. Light and Redox are my personal specialty you could say and because I maintain a few mixed reef tanks for clients I really had to step up my game in understanding led technology and how to use it properly. I would use this light if I could see the spectral output, to me that's just as important as using PAR to determine whether this light would do the job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:19 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Did you download the old app by any chance? You want FluvalSmart 1.1.5.

Cheers

Style: Organic potting soil, gravel, sand, wood, plants, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Classic 150, Neptune Systems Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 01:49 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish+plants View Post
Update: I did order the Fluval LED suspension kit a few months ago (cannot find it in stock now) and just received 2 of the UNS hanging bars and set it up! It looks good and works, except now my Fluval Plant 3 will not connect to the app

I know this is pretty basic, but you are set to the "green" light color on the power button on the light, yes?
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 10:53 PM
Algae Grower

Also looking for some sort of way to raise my 3.0. I have a acrylic with a top, no cabinet, and can’t hang it. I need ‘riser feet’ that just sit on top on the acrylic...any ideas?
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 12:34 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnovice33 View Post
Also looking for some sort of way to raise my 3.0. I have a acrylic with a top, no cabinet, and can’t hang it. I need ‘riser feet’ that just sit on top on the acrylic...any ideas?

most probably diy some sort of riser bracket.

People have also built risers out of Legos..

No reason you couldn't modify things like this either..
https://www.chewy.com/current-usa-or...hoCntoQAvD_BwE

A lot depends on your rim and if you have any speace on the back or edges.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 02:18 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:

I am using two UNS Light Hanging Bars and for right now just setting the light on the horizontal arms. The way the power cord feeds in, it is actually locked into place pretty well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3 - The Hardscape Test a3 2020-07-25 18.44.48.3920.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	901533

If I can track down the suspension clips that Fluval evidently felt only people in every other country but America would ever want to use, then I may raise it up and hang it by wire.

17 Gal Lifegard (23.5x12x14.5)
Fluval 107 - Fluval Plant 3.0 - Hydor Inline 200W - Bettatail Reg/Inline CO2
Fluval Stratum/CaribSea Eco-Complete
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 05:14 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by platipus View Post
I am using two UNS Light Hanging Bars and for right now just setting the light on the horizontal arms. The way the power cord feeds in, it is actually locked into place pretty well.

Attachment 901533

If I can track down the suspension clips that Fluval evidently felt only people in every other country but America would ever want to use, then I may raise it up and hang it by wire.
https://www.marineandreef.com/Fluval...RoCoScQAvD_BwE
https://www.petswarehouse.com/fl-ree...uspension-kit/
As to the suspension kit, number is correct but looks different than this vid.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 01:24 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post

In stock!! That is a great find, thanks!!

17 Gal Lifegard (23.5x12x14.5)
Fluval 107 - Fluval Plant 3.0 - Hydor Inline 200W - Bettatail Reg/Inline CO2
Fluval Stratum/CaribSea Eco-Complete
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by platipus View Post
I know this is pretty basic, but you are set to the "green" light color on the power button on the light, yes?
Yes! But I finally figured it out, by accident!!! In rearranging stuff I had put two of the lights on the same plug strip with the power box close to each other. I got my hanging bars for my other tank and split the two lights up into different plug strips and more separated. VOILA, they both now work!!! Some kind of interference??

Thanks everyone for so much helpful input!!

BTW, I am using the UNS hanging bars with the Fluval Plant Hanging Kit and it works great! I was only able to get one of the kits, all out of stock in the US, so I ordered just the Fluval clips and the AquaMaxx NemoLight Hanging Kit, rigged the two to work together. Not quite as pretty as the Fluval Hanging Kit, but ok as I don't know how long it will be for that kit to make it back to the US!
Econde and platipus like this.

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan

Last edited by fish+plants; 07-29-2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: add comments
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 06:44 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Quote:

Couldn’t do the first one...as for the link...

I have having the tank custom built so I can make space on the back edges.

My main concern with those are how big the lip is. Mine will be 1/2 inch acrylic. Reason the review looks like it may not be big enough. Otherwise those are perfect is any has these and can tell me if this will grasp over 1/2inch that’d be appreciated. I know these are for Current USA lights...I assume the Fluval 3.0 48 inch has similar dimensions (assuming the claws can grasp and hold the light).
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 06:51 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Couldn’t do the first one...as for the link...

I have having the tank custom built so I can make space on the back edges.

My main concern with those are how big the lip is. Mine will be 1/2 inch acrylic. Reason the review looks like it may not be big enough. Otherwise those are perfect is any has these and can tell me if this will grasp over 1/2inch that’d be appreciated. I know these are for Current USA lights...I assume the Fluval 3.0 48 inch has similar dimensions (assuming the claws can grasp and hold the light).
Never mind looks like it can fit up to 1 inch excellent. Not I just need to know if it will hold the Fluval 3.0 instead of a current USA light. Are those clamps adjustable?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode