• 2 Post By Kandomere
  • 1 Post By Asteroid
  • 1 Post By Asteroid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Chihiros WRGB II

Chihiros WRGB II ? Early Thoughts? anyone have it yet and is it less buggy than the first version? As I recall from the thread for the first version, that commander 4 controller left a few things to be desired. Looks like a small strength boost but nowhere near what the X series pushes out

manufacturer page:
http://www.chihiros.cn/en/productd/m2/id416.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ipkiss; 01-29-2020 at 02:08 PM. Reason: added link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 12:19 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I would like to know if somebody has any experience as well. Im deciding between Twinstar 600EA and Chihiros WRGB2 60. Chihiros lumen specification is much higher (4500 lm Chihiros vs 2550 lm Twinstar) which seems odd to me. Thanks
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

In german but use auto subtitle and you should get an idea. If you dont understand german that is
ipkiss likes this.

Sweden | ADA 60P | ADA 90P | DIY LED-lighting

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2020, 10:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsnork View Post
In german but use auto subtitle and you should get an idea. If you dont understand german that is
Thanks for that review.

There's also an RGB A+ model with the controller built-in? Is the 2 available anywhere in U.S? Really aren't too many hi-light programmable fixtures that sit up high on a rimless. Anyone see anything else for a 60cm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 01:37 AM
Algae Grower

I just got this. it's great looking. WRGB60 II. Unfortunately, the green light shuts down after 40 minutes if it's operating at 75% and above. I'm not sure if I really need green above 75% because blue is more important. Around 65%, it seems fine.

With just red and blue, you get a hot pink aquarium. the LED stays cool but the bluetooth unit gets really hot especially on auto mode. It's enclosed and molded in in plastic. This could be the problem.

I think Twinstar is better because you can at least get it replaced. Aliexpress wants me to send it back for a full refund $220. I will have to pay shipping out of pocket at around $45 $65.
ipkiss and fpn like this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

@Kandomere , thanks for that review. Sorry for the issues with your unit. It definitely is a damper whenever "shipping kills the deal."

@Asteroid , their lines are so confusing. George Farmer just did a review of the RGB Vivid 2 "too." Had me confused for a minute, thinking it was this one.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 01:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post
@Kandomere , thanks for that review. Sorry for the issues with your unit. It definitely is a damper whenever "shipping kills the deal."

@Asteroid , their lines are so confusing. George Farmer just did a review of the RGB Vivid 2 "too." Had me confused for a minute, thinking it was this one.
Thanks, i ended up biting the bullet and buying the ONF Flat One. Really well made, but pricey.
ipkiss likes this.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
Thanks, i ended up biting the bullet and buying the ONF Flat One. Really well made, but pricey.
Congrats! That's really a beautiful unit. For the RGB Vivid2, crossing 300, yeah, I can see how I might be persuaded to hop up a little to the Flat One as well. I was a little dissuaded from the inflexibility of the app though. Ahh, who am I kidding, I'm not about to throw down that kind of money right now

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 02:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post
Congrats! That's really a beautiful unit. For the RGB Vivid2, crossing 300, yeah, I can see how I might be persuaded to hop up a little to the Flat One as well. I was a little dissuaded from the inflexibility of the app though. Ahh, who am I kidding, I'm not about to throw down that kind of money right now
Thanks, I hear ya, i was very hesitant, but I got it on Amazon and then used the Amazon CrediT card and got another $70 Off so it wasn't that bad. All of these units have some downside. I actually got the Flat One +, so the newer app allows a ram up/ram down for 5 cycles, plus some other features. This unit is really wide at almost 8" front/back so it does cover some of the open-top look. Seems really strong (haven't measured par), but at 60% and 16" it seems pretty intense and it's turning my blyxa all kinds of nice colors.
ipkiss likes this.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2020, 08:05 AM
Algae Grower

Not sure what to do with the Chihiros WRGB II. It's actually going to cost $85 to ship back.

I went ahead with the Twinstar LED Light (S-Series Vr. II) 600SP after watching this short tutorial.

I am hoping that it's more reliable since the Chihiros I received would also forget to ramp. It's supposed to connect to their cloud once it disconnects from your phone. At least that's how the smart power strip that I use to schedule my tank equipments operate.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 04:03 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandomere View Post
Not sure what to do with the Chihiros WRGB II. It's actually going to cost $85 to ship back.
Is it AliExpress that wants you to ship it back, or is it the seller? If it is the seller, open a dispute with AliExpress. You may have better luck with them as the intermediary. To me, it isn't fair for you to pay out of pocket to ship a defective product back. It isn't your fault that your light is defective, so why should you be on the hook for it? That's the way I see it, at least.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 09:56 PM
Planted Member

I have the WRGB II. What do you want to know about it?

On a 12" tall tank it's overkill. I have it as high as possible on the legs and on 70% max and it is turning all my plants red even when I want some of them to be more green. I'm going to have to turn it down further.

The app can be finnicky but they recently pushed an update that makes it a lot easier to use. Color rendition is pretty great, but it takes some dialing in.

No issues for me with overheating. Sounds like @Kandomere got a bunk unit, which sucks. That is a downside-- everything is on Ebay and ships from China so you're kinda FOL if it's not working perfectly out of the box.

Edit: I did a comparison between the WRGB II and the Fluval 3.0 here

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode