Chihiros WRGB II - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-25-2020, 09:34 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl3537 View Post
You are comparing RGB led lights (Twinstar, ADA) to ones with white LEDs (ONF Flatone ?? Plus??) and saying the spectrum is comparable due to similar color temperature.

You are also comparing limited color temperature adjustments (ONF) to seperate color channel adjustments (WRGB) not nearly the same.
I'm comparing how it grows plants and what it looks like to the eye, not that it's RGB. There have been many comparisons with the onf flat and the ada/twinstar. Who cares what the tech is, only what it can do. Your saying lack of color channel is a problem but you praising ada/twinstar and you can't adjust anything. On the onf flat you can adjust color temp and intensity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-26-2020, 05:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

Does the app on this light really suck as bad as Iíve read from other reviews? I stumbled on Chihiros facebook page and saw a good amount of comments regarding the app flat out not working and some other comments about the green leds not staying lit. Part of the selling point for me about this light is the price difference and the tech and power when comparing it to the twinstar s series. They seem like similar aluminum builds now but the Chihiros has more power still and for less $$.

But is there really an advantage to having the app if it is so incredibly buggy though? I feel like once I dial in a setting that worked, I wouldnít change it. Does my fish tank really need all that control with my phone though? Iím currently using a Fluval 3.0 and while I like not having to jam an extra timer on my power strip, I donít actually use the app as much as I thought, but the light has been near bulletproof reliable, I just donít love the colors as much.

Donít think Iíll ever be able to make my mind up. The warranty on the WRGBII and the Twinstars suck too IMHO. When you pay north of $200 on any light you want to at least have the confidence that it is going to work.

Have any of the twinstar s series owners had any performance issues with their light? I know the wrgb II is more powerful but Iím not going to run it full power over my 60p.

-

-
-
AQUATIC GAZETTE FEATURE

post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 06:57 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Guy View Post
Does the app on this light really suck as bad as Iíve read from other reviews? I stumbled on Chihiros facebook page and saw a good amount of comments regarding the app flat out not working and some other comments about the green leds not staying lit. Part of the selling point for me about this light is the price difference and the tech and power when comparing it to the twinstar s series. They seem like similar aluminum builds now but the Chihiros has more power still and for less $$.

But is there really an advantage to having the app if it is so incredibly buggy though? I feel like once I dial in a setting that worked, I wouldnít change it. Does my fish tank really need all that control with my phone though? Iím currently using a Fluval 3.0 and while I like not having to jam an extra timer on my power strip, I donít actually use the app as much as I thought, but the light has been near bulletproof reliable, I just donít love the colors as much.

Donít think Iíll ever be able to make my mind up. The warranty on the WRGBII and the Twinstars suck too IMHO. When you pay north of $200 on any light you want to at least have the confidence that it is going to work.

Have any of the twinstar s series owners had any performance issues with their light? I know the wrgb II is more powerful but Iím not going to run it full power over my 60p.
I have the WRGBII and its an excellent light, very powerful and the ap to control it works fine; not buggy at all.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1509.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	906867

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-14-2021, 03:30 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarrow View Post
I have the WRGBII and its an excellent light, very powerful and the ap to control it works fine; not buggy at all.
Attachment 906867
Awesome!! Thatís great to hear. I ended up ordering one. I reached out to greenaqua in Budapest and asked them about the light specifically because they carry them and if they have had any issues with them. They highly recommend this light and are very pleased with them. Iím looking forward to getting mine. I ordered the shade attachment just in case and found a great price for both the light and shade from a business in Colorado that carries them. Should out to AquaRocks Colorado. Found them doing a facebook marketplace search. Iím waiting for their shipping container to be released from customs here in the US.

-

-
-
AQUATIC GAZETTE FEATURE

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode