Need help with pick a second light - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Need help with pick a second light

Ok folks,
Here is the deal. On my 72 gallon tank, I have pressurized CO2. ATM, I am injecting very little because the light it has, is not in highlighted category. Currently it has 48 inches DA FSpcek. Now, I do want to add a strong light with it. I understand that at 24 inches high, its not that easy to reach at the bottom, but whatever I can do, I will.

I have a Finnex Ray 2 on my 20 gallon and loving it. I tried to get the 48 inches version of it, but its not available on Amazon.

These being said, what do you guys recommend for a 72 gallon, 48 inches long, 24 inches high tank that already has a Beamswork on it, and has CO2?
I am not trying to grow Dwarf Baby Tears, but I want to give this tank as much light as possible within a reasonable budget.

Also, can anyone please give me the link to that thread where they compared bunch of LED lights? I have been searching for it, but cant seem to find it. That post helped me to pick out that Ray 2 that I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:51 PM
Algae Grower

I am new to the hobby so this may not be anything new...but I just purchased and am very happy with the Finnex 24/7 HLC for my 20 gallon tall. It doesnt have the deep red spectrum, but it does have four distinct colors: 8k daylight, red, green and blue LEDs. It is very bright and at full strength has no problem providing light all the way to the bottom of my tank. Granted my tank is not as deep as your tank but I think it will suffice since you started you dont need too much down there. Just my 2 cents!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaonrahman View Post
Ok folks,
Here is the deal. On my 72 gallon tank, I have pressurized CO2. ATM, I am injecting very little because the light it has, is not in highlighted category. Currently it has 48 inches DA FSpcek. Now, I do want to add a strong light with it. I understand that at 24 inches high, its not that easy to reach at the bottom, but whatever I can do, I will.

I have a Finnex Ray 2 on my 20 gallon and loving it. I tried to get the 48 inches version of it, but its not available on Amazon.

These being said, what do you guys recommend for a 72 gallon, 48 inches long, 24 inches high tank that already has a Beamswork on it, and has CO2?
I am not trying to grow Dwarf Baby Tears, but I want to give this tank as much light as possible within a reasonable budget.

Also, can anyone please give me the link to that thread where they compared bunch of LED lights? I have been searching for it, but cant seem to find it. That post helped me to pick out that Ray 2 that I have.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...rk-option.html
This might help..

And to CORRECT an oversight on my part to @Kampo
Yes the pent. there is not the same as the current 5 row Beamswok..
That was a stronger light. That said the DFA and current 6500k 5 row model will be closer (and slightly weaker) than the 1W model..barring any increase in diode efficiency or circuit tweaks.
all would generally need 2 over a wide deep tank though..

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 04:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

How much are you wanting to spend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
How much are you wanting to spend?

Say, about 200 dollars or less.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaonrahman View Post
Say, about 200 dollars or less.

If you’re willing to spend less than $100 more, SB Reef makes some really powerful lights. They are dimmable, of course, but one of their lights could likely put you all the way into the extremely high light category if you wanted to be there, but adjusted down to moderate light as well.

|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode