63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
It's the temptation of $52 for one or $88 for two
Well, when you put it that way.......not out of the question.

I mean I have six across my 18" wide tank, but my tank is quite a bit taller.

Are you going to build a canopy? If so, you also need to take into account how far up into canopy they will be mounted, and distance to substrate.

Oh the possibilities!!!
Grobbins48 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Well, when you put it that way.......not out of the question.

I mean I have six across my 18" wide tank, but my tank is quite a bit taller.

Are you going to build a canopy? If so, you also need to take into account how far up into canopy they will be mounted, and distance to substrate.

Oh the possibilities!!!
Yes, canopy is being work on currently. Top of canopy will be about 9.75 inches from the top of the tank, and with 18inch tank and ~2 inch substrate, call it 26ish inches from lights to substrate.

Can always run 4 of 5 if needed, right???
Greggz likes this.

|

post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:01 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Great thread @Hendy8888, somehow I missed the entire thread for the past couple of months and just read it today. The side-by-side photos in post # 5 and @Greggz's photos in post #7 really show the differences between the bulb combinations. It's very helpful.
Hendy8888, Greggz and Grobbins48 like this.

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 06:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
PowerVeg FS+UV is the best white bulb I've ever seen. Crisp white and broad spectrum.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
PowerVeg FS+UV is the best white bulb I've ever seen. Crisp white and broad spectrum.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Wouldn't the strong UV degrade the plastic rim and center brace?

|

post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

@gus6464 Any tank pictures with your bulb combo? I remember being curious some time ago but don't think I ever saw it.

post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to Patriot
I'm really liking the Sunblaster 6400k/KZ Fiji Purple/Giesemann Super Flora/Sunblaster 6400k/ATI Purple Plus/Giesemann Super Flora, but I don't think I could afford the $35 fiji bulbs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Proudly Served in the United States Armed Forces, 2009-2017
SUNSUN PIMP #41
Nikon Club Member #35

post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
I'm really liking the Sunblaster 6400k/KZ Fiji Purple/Giesemann Super Flora/Sunblaster 6400k/ATI Purple Plus/Giesemann Super Flora, but I don't think I could afford the $35 fiji bulbs.

Just substitute a $22 purple plus, for our purposes it's the same bulb.
Greggz and Patriot like this.

post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 06:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

Anyone use the AgroMax bulbs? Looking around I found these, and curious on feedback for appearance, PAR, and any other general feedback.

burr740 likes this.

|

post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

I decided to go with powerveg 633, giesemann tropic 6500k, super flora, super purple, 3000k, and a 420 actinic. I'll pick up the 3000k and antic locally.

I can't let the lady of the house figure out how much I just spent on bulbs.

Greggz likes this.

SUNSUN PIMP #41
Nikon Club Member #35

post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (123/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
Anyone use the AgroMax bulbs? Looking around I found these, and curious on feedback for appearance, PAR, and any other general feedback.

Good bulbs for the money, around $10 each. I've had a couple Pure Par for a few months. Color-wise its very similar to ATI Purple, might even have better color. It doesnt produce quite as much PAR as the ATI

If I didnt have all these Powerveg I'd load up on the red Pure Bloom. I just ordered one to try and a 4 pack of 3000K (my plantmax are getting old)

Guy on FB runs a 4 bulb combo of 1 each: red Pure Bloom, Pure PAR, 3000K bloom, and...I think a 6500K. Not sure on the 4th bulb but the tank looks great

Good place to buy - https://www.htgsupply.com/product-ca...ulbs/t5-bulbs/

Shipping on bulbs runs $20-30

They have good light units too, bought a couple from them
Greggz and Grobbins48 like this.

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by burr740 View Post
Good bulbs for the money, around $10 each. I've had a couple Pure Par for a few months. Color-wise its very similar to ATI Purple, might even have better color. It doesnt produce quite as much PAR as the ATI

If I didnt have all these Powerveg I'd load up on the red Pure Bloom. I just ordered one to try and a 4 pack of 3000K (my plantmax are getting old)

Guy on FB runs a 4 bulb combo of 1 each: red Pure Bloom, Pure PAR, 3000K bloom, and...I think a 6500K. Not sure on the 4th bulb but the tank looks great

Good place to buy - https://www.htgsupply.com/product-ca...ulbs/t5-bulbs/

Shipping on bulbs runs $20-30

They have good light units too, bought a couple from them
Great, thank you for sharing this. The Pure Bloom looks similar to the 660 on the relative intensity graph.

I did look at HTG- I would grab a bunch, but the shipping kills it for 4 bulbs.

Over at BGHygro i can grab the 660, 633, SunBlaster 2400K, and a Spectralus 3000K for $71 with shipping.

At HTG a Pure Bloom, 3000K, Super Veg and Pure PAR come to $68 with shipping.

I am leaning twoards the AgroMax, as lower PAR with lots of color might be nice coupled with two giesemann bulbs. Something like (no order) Super Flora, Tropic, Pure Bloom, 3000K, and Super Purple. Obviously grabbing a few others like the Super Veg and Super PAR to play around with?
Greggz likes this.

|

post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 04:04 AM
Wannabe Guru

Anyone know of a cheaper place to order the powerveg 633 from? I ordered from this place earlier today and they canceled my order because they made a mistake on their site. The bulb was $21.52 and shipping was $11.04 bringing my total to $32.56. They sent me a tracking number and everything.

Now they're saying shipping was actually $30 which would be $51.52 for one bulb. That's pretty crazy.

I can try checking locally again, but two months ago it was back ordered at every hydroponic store.

SUNSUN PIMP #41
Nikon Club Member #35

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Algae Grower

Horticulture source has them for $25 and shipping is 10.
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 01:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I contacted my local dealer for Powerveg and they ordered the bulbs and I was able to pick them up locally.

No shipping.

You can find local dealers on the Hortilux site.

---
---

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode