Beamsworks da fspec - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By jeffkrol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Beamsworks da fspec

Would 2 beamswork da fspec 36" be enough to grow medium light plants on a 110 gallon tank? 5ft long.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LFF0878/ref=twister_B01LFF08QO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
I went to answer your question earlier, but I couldn't manage to find any 5ft LED lights that would give you medium light. So I'll respond to this and your question in the general forum here. Five footers definitely exist, but they're rather difficult to find. The 5ft dimension poses a unique problem because its an unusual size. You could get a couple of 4ft lights and try to stagger them to minimize the dark spot on either side, but the edges of the tank would definitely be getting less light than the rest which you may be able to overcome with some clever choice of plants for those areas. Either way, two 36s probably wouldn't do the job as you need two fixtures parallel to each other lengthwise, spaced evenly front to back to cover that 18" distance.

I would definitely recommend the Beamswork DHL--this would be good medium PAR at those depths, but I can't find any 4ft versions of it available which is frustrating. The PAR is a bit lower, but that DA FSPEC may do the trick. Here's the PAR data for both lights.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...-pur-data.html
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Beamsworks makes 60" light but currently the better models are out of stock..
topdogsellers on the bay may know when they are arriving.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman22 View Post
Would 2 beamswork da fspec 36" be enough to grow medium light plants on a 110 gallon tank? 5ft long.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LFF0878...ing=UTF8&psc=1
How are you going to use these? Middles overlap?

Small warning .. butting these type of fixtures end to end can cause center shadowing issues..
goodbytes and Quagulator like this.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
I went to answer your question earlier, but I couldn't manage to find any 5ft LED lights that would give you medium light. So I'll respond to this and your question in the general forum here. Five footers definitely exist, but they're rather difficult to find. The 5ft dimension poses a unique problem because its an unusual size. You could get a couple of 4ft lights and try to stagger them to minimize the dark spot on either side, but the edges of the tank would definitely be getting less light than the rest which you may be able to overcome with some clever choice of plants for those areas. Either way, two 36s probably wouldn't do the job as you need two fixtures parallel to each other lengthwise, spaced evenly front to back to cover that 18" distance.

I would definitely recommend the Beamswork DHL--this would be good medium PAR at those depths, but I can't find any 4ft versions of it available which is frustrating. The PAR is a bit lower, but that DA FSPEC may do the trick. Here's the PAR data for both lights.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...-pur-data.html
Ok the plants will be in pots I'm just trying to grow some plants like jungle val, crypts, amazon sword etc. Not really bothering about the whole look of the tank so if I can put all pot to one side of tank an only light up that one side wold even be OK once the plants thrive. I had that plants need red leds to do well hence why I wasn't looking at the Beamsworks dhl but if that can do then that would be ok.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
Beamsworks makes 60" light but currently the better models are out of stock..
topdogsellers on the bay may know when they are arriving.

Bump:
How are you going to use these? Middles overlap?

Small warning .. butting these type of fixtures end to end can cause center shadowing issues..
Yes i was planning on overlap the middles
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Might want to spend some time tracing down a MHR150(remote) in metric MHR60 in inches,,confusing.. Beamswork for that tank..
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...ctrum-led.html

8500 lumens and lots of red..

EDIT:Couldn't find you decent 60"-ers atm..short of trying to get them directly from China..

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

Last edited by jeffkrol; 06-11-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: edit

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode