New Radions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New Radions

I just installed my new XR15 Radions with Reeflink. I hear there is a way to share templates for settings being used. Is this true or did I misunderstand?

Otherwise does anyone have any setting suggestions? New tank set up with plants like monte carlo, H'ra, rotala vietnam, limnophila aromatica, bacopa colorata and blyxa japonica. Not the greatest mix of plants but I'm in experiment mode and looking to refine my plant list over the next 6 months. CO2 is being used.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 01:09 AM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
There is a way to connect multiple lights together as one unit ( I have 2 units connected together). Then you can create 1 profile which works on both lights.
As for lighting settings, I am basically using the following
Blue=100%
Cool White=70%
Warm White=20%
Green = 20%
Red = 80%
Power level is 80% for 7 hours with a 1/2 hour ramp at each end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:29 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturner View Post
I just installed my new XR15 Radions with Reeflink. I hear there is a way to share templates for settings being used. Is this true or did I misunderstand?

Otherwise does anyone have any setting suggestions? New tank set up with plants like monte carlo, H'ra, rotala vietnam, limnophila aromatica, bacopa colorata and blyxa japonica. Not the greatest mix of plants but I'm in experiment mode and looking to refine my plant list over the next 6 months. CO2 is being used.

thanks!
Are you referring to sharing your template between your light or using other peoples patterns?
you can grab schedules using Ecosmart live:

Quote:
Users of EcoSmartLive service by EcoTech can explore lighting profiles and download them.
Reef ones here (one or 2 fw-ers) but who knows what one can find..
https://www.aquaticlog.com/lighting_profiles

files look simple.. (always do but ??) but haven't seen a way to import em without Ecosmart..
simple XML files at their core..

https://www.aquaticlog.com/lighting_profiles

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

I was asking about the sharing of other people's settings, sorry for the vague question. At the time I didn't realize it was vague, lol.

I brought my intensity levels down this morning. Many of the stem plants I have are now laying horizontal rather than vertical. They've done this over the past few days. H'ra is the exception, it's stayed vertical. My poor Crypt Beckettii are pretty much laying flat on the ground whereas they were 5-6" tall in their previous tank.

Thanks for the links, I saw a couple of FW tanks mixed in that looked okay. Haven't decided whether or not to pull in their settings or not.

I'm going to give those settings a shot Immortal1, except power (assuming it's = intensity) as my plants don't seem to be ready for that yet.

I see more experimentation than originally planned in my future.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturner View Post
I was asking about the sharing of other people's settings, sorry for the vague question. At the time I didn't realize it was vague, lol.

I brought my intensity levels down this morning. Many of the stem plants I have are now laying horizontal rather than vertical. They've done this over the past few days. H'ra is the exception, it's stayed vertical. My poor Crypt Beckettii are pretty much laying flat on the ground whereas they were 5-6" tall in their previous tank.

Thanks for the links, I saw a couple of FW tanks mixed in that looked okay. Haven't decided whether or not to pull in their settings or not.

I'm going to give those settings a shot Immortal1, except power (assuming it's = intensity) as my plants don't seem to be ready for that yet.

I see more experimentation than originally planned in my future.
Below is a couple screen shots from my current setups. Her 40g is very much a lot less intense than my 75g
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radion_Joanns 40g_06092019.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	882575  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Radion_Linns 75g_06092019.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	882577  

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Interesting, ty for posting those. I will give them a try, lower intensity one first.

This is wandering outside my original question a bit, but why are you keeping the blues at 100%? I ask because I thought the blue's would encourage algae growth so I thought that portion of the spectrum would be kept a bit lower.

I've dropped mine to 78%.

I'm a novice so....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:08 AM
Captain

Will do my best to answer - in above grade horticulture the blue spectrum (420nm) seems to encourage one type of growth and the red spectrum (660nm) seems to encourage a different type of growth.
Under water, things seem to change a bit. A very knowledgeable lady, Cara Wade, educated me on a little different approach to lighting - PAR is PAR and spectrum matters a lot less to underwater plants.
With that said, the spectrum matters more to "you" than the plants.
In my case, I prefer a little cooler and crisper spectrum. With the Radion lights, they have a strong tendency to the warmer spectrum so, in part, that is why I am leaning towards the Blue and Cool White diodes. Interestingly enough, try turning all channels to 100% - the color is actually not too bad. But PAR wise, I am close to 200 PAR at the substrate, LOL.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode