21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
@varanidguy

What length fixture did you use for the 24/7 CC PAR numbers. Only reason I ask is that I'm running the 36" one on my 3-foot tank. Right now the plants I have are mainly low-light, but I bought the light since my tank is only 10" deep so I figured it would be non-limiting if I want to change it up. Right now it's hanging around 15" off the top of the substrate.
Hey Asteroid!

This would be the 36" model. Testing is done on my 40 breeder.
Asteroid likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
Hey Asteroid!

This would be the 36" model. Testing is done on my 40 breeder.
Great, same one I have. Glad my tank is only 10" high LOL. Thanks much for the info!
varanidguy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Great, same one I have. Glad my tank is only 10" high LOL. Thanks much for the info!
No problem! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
No problem! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.
Thank you!
varanidguy likes this.

post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Is there a lot of confusion about this light or is it me? If you set one 3-hr time slot for max, your not getting 3 hrs of max since it slowly transitions to what the next time period is after it. So for example if 12pm is set to max and 3pm is set to 50% then from 12-3 it's transitioning to the 50%. So in order to get 3 hrs at Max both the 12pm and 3pm time slots need to be set to max. I didn't realize this initially.

post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Is there a lot of confusion about this light or is it me? If you set one 3-hr time slot for max, your not getting 3 hrs of max since it slowly transitions to what the next time period is after it. So for example if 12pm is set to max and 3pm is set to 50% then from 12-3 it's transitioning to the 50%. So in order to get 3 hrs at Max both the 12pm and 3pm time slots need to be set to max. I didn't realize this initially.
Yeah, this is one issue the light has. Say you want sunrise to start at 9 AM, and set by 3 PM, you're only going to have maybe 15-20 minutes of max light I'd wager. To have a decent amount of time at maximum light, you would need to start the sundown process at 3 PM and have it finish by 6 (or later). It's one of the reasons why I put it on an on-off timer before taking it out of commission. The Fluval's app does not have this limitation.

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Algae Grower

I bit the bullet and just ordered the Fluval 36" to replace my aging original Finnex Planted+ 24/7. My concern with the original Finnex is the lack of light intensity control so it looks like the Fluval will solve that.

Is there PAR data if the fixture is 18" or 20" above the substrate? I have a standard 50g tank.

Last edited by AboveBeyond; 07-09-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Fixed sentence
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveBeyond View Post
I bit the bullet and just ordered the Fluval 36" to replace my aging original Finnex Planted+ 24/7. My concern with the original Finnex is the lack of light intensity control so it looks like the Fluval will solve that.

Is there PAR data if the fixture is 18" or 20" above the substrate? I have a standard 50g tank.

I measured about 14.5 inches off the substrate and at 100% intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Algae Grower

I currently have a fluval nano and upgraded from a finnex planted plus 12 inch model. I have a 4.5 gallon tank. My only complain is that I definitely have some dark spots but I might rescape to adjust and tray to eliminate that. Has anyone run the fluval nano 3.0 with co2? I'm considering switching to high tech, I would like to do some more advanced plants and try to get a carpet going.

-Chris
varanidguy likes this.
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrien96 View Post
I currently have a fluval nano and upgraded from a finnex planted plus 12 inch model. I have a 4.5 gallon tank. My only complain is that I definitely have some dark spots but I might rescape to adjust and tray to eliminate that. Has anyone run the fluval nano 3.0 with co2? I'm considering switching to high tech, I would like to do some more advanced plants and try to get a carpet going.

-Chris
I am also interested in more info regarding the Fluval 3.0 Nano.

post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
I am also interested in more info regarding the Fluval 3.0 Nano.
I have 3... no co2 on those tanks, but https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...l#post11219005 that tank is a 14g (15" cube) with a 3.0 nano and then 2 12" cubes where 1 is full of shrimp and eriocaulon, and one is full of... plants mostly cycling and water level is low / I am starting more eriocaulon from seed in some solo cups full of aquasoil... (needs to be emersed/damp/low ph to sprout right)
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobblebonk View Post
I have 3... no co2 on those tanks, but https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...l#post11219005 that tank is a 14g (15" cube) with a 3.0 nano and then 2 12" cubes where 1 is full of shrimp and eriocaulon, and one is full of... plants mostly cycling and water level is low / I am starting more eriocaulon from seed in some solo cups full of aquasoil... (needs to be emersed/damp/low ph to sprout right)
Thank you! Did you use a Seneye? What was the distance to the light?

post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yeah seneye, approximately 13" for the 74 par but it's offset about an inch in front of the front edge of the light and the other reading was about 15" height but offset by about 6" from the front edge of the light?
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobblebonk View Post
Yeah seneye, approximately 13" for the 74 par but it's offset about an inch in front of the front edge of the light and the other reading was about 15" height but offset by about 6" from the front edge of the light?

Thatís actually not bad at all. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode