Finnex 24/7 CC (v2)? Is this not the best CC model? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:01 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
Chart on the side shows the spectrum.. Where is the red peak?
For the VL-CRV36
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190405_105948_1554487245340.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	880123  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelums View Post
For the VL-CRV36

Peak at 660nm generally means 660nm diodes are present..though seems like they use both red (second largest peak) and deep red..

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:32 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelums View Post
For the VL-CRV36

Peak at 660nm generally means 660nm diodes are present..though seems like they use both red (second largest peak) and deep red..
Finnex finally updated their site and it's on there now. They call it "CRV Series"

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Algae Grower

Sorry to dredge up a slightly aged thread, but just wanted to express my own frustration over this mess. I bought the new planted+ cc on Amazon last month. Been waiting on that for a while, and I finally noticed enough LEDs going out on my much older Ray model, to justify the purchase. The Amazon listings were confusing; it kept going out of stock, and mainly I didn't want to accidentally buy the older model, and there was no mention of "V2" in the listing. So I even checked the model number on the Finnex site and confirmed the "KL-C" was the V2 I thought I wanted. I happily ordered and received it. Then I set it aside for a bit until I could make time to design and rescape my tank.

Fast forward to today, when I'm ready to get started on that rescape. I had a brief moment of doubt as I unboxed the light, so I just searched the model number, KL-C30A, to make sure I got it right. That's when I found this thread and discovered my misfortune.

Seriously, Finnex. The product listing on the website have changed. The Amazon listings have changed. A month ago, on June 2 when I ordered, I don't recall any mention of KLC and CRV options on Amazon. There was no distinction made that there was a lesser model and a "better" model available. I believed I was ordering the latest and greatest that Finnex had to offer. Granted, I wasn't expecting the greatest LED light known to man, but I did believe I was getting all of the available features that Finnex puts into their lights. I was pumped about that.

Now, even though I think I still have a great customizable light for my planted tank, I can't help but feel a little disappointed that I didn't order what I thought I ordered—and all because of confusing merchandising and a modified Amazon listing.

I haven't turned the thing on yet, and I would send it back, but I'm now a week over the 30 day return period. Oof.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant. I'm glad they have the listings corrected and more clearly distinct (with a product line comparison table) now. I just wish they had fixed their listings before I decided to order. Alas. Back to cleaning my new sand and setting up this new, slightly less red, light.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

In my experience, Amazon will very likely swap do an exchange for the model you THOUGHT you had purchased. You'd flag it as "inaccurate website description." You just need to use the chat feature on their support page. They will likely be more apt to do an exchange vs a simple return if you tell them exactly what you told us. Excellent customer service.

And yes, Finnex needs to get it together with their marketing and product line names. (Or lack thereof).

Also, I tend to notice that Amazon's listings, when they show a "newer model available," can be wrong a lot of the time.

- - - - - -
29g Freshwater
30" Finnex Planted+ 24/7
Fluval 206 Canister
Paintball CO2

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode