Beamswork DA FSPEC and DHL 6500k PAR/LUX/Kelvin/PUR Data - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownplanted View Post
I must say I am really happy with the Beamswork lights. There really isn't anything I do not like about them and the par is better than I thought would be. My plants are sure liking them as well.
My only negative on my Beamswork is that I cannot set it up to ramp on and off, but that is rather nitpicky.

“Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.” -Jules Verne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
sure you can.. Just "snip" a wire and put this in between the ps and light head..
$20 (the bay)-$30 add on..
TC420 1.4" LED Programmable Time Controller - Black (12~24V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

TC420 Programmable LED Time Controller
clownplanted and clownplanted like this.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."
post #33 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:04 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Cool, thanks!

post #34 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:09 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Ok, I officially like the color of the DHL better, but do they make a 24" model? I can't seem to find one.

"Hopefully everything doesn't turn out horribly ironic"
post #35 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfish View Post
Ok, I officially like the color of the DHL better, but do they make a 24" model? I can't seem to find one.

Does not appear so. Smallest seems to be 30"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #36 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfish View Post
24" DHL may show up. DA is pretty equivalent..
Quote:
DA 6500K LED Aquarium Light 0.50W Freshwater Plant 24 30 36 48 72
$44.95

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."
post #37 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Does not appear so. Smallest seems to be 30"

How different is this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's the 24" version of the one that I bought.

“Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.” -Jules Verne
post #38 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Beamswork DA FSPEC and DHL 6500k PAR/LUX/Kelvin/PUR Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunsen Honeydew View Post
How different is this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's the 24" version of the one that I bought.

As @jeffkrol said it's very close par and color wise as the dhl. I actually tried to get that one over the da fspec but they were out of stock for the 48" and besides readings were already out for that one. I wanted to do par data for lights that did not have data for yet.

Last edited by clownplanted; 04-28-2017 at 12:57 AM.
post #39 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:36 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
As @jeffkrol said it's very close par and color wise as the dhl. I actually tried to get that one over the da fspec but they were out of stock for the 48" and besides readings were already out for that one. I wanted to do par data for lights that did not have data for yet.

I like it a lot, and it photographs yellower than it looks in person, like your DHL. Anyhoot, it is available in 24".;-)

I see what happened, Jeff and I posted at close to the same time and I missed it.

Last edited by Bunsen Honeydew; 04-28-2017 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added content
post #40 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
well i'm feeling dumb now i didn't think the DA fspec really would have those types of numbers. just didn't compute lol. well i'm seriously considering just getting one fspec and one DA for my 120 and calling it a day.
post #41 of 357 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 11:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (361/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
24" DHL may show up. DA is pretty equivalent..

$44.95
You dont really need the blue LED on planted tank unless you want to view at night.
Can blue LED turned off without the use of timer add ons?
post #42 of 357 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Beamswork DA FSPEC and DHL 6500k PAR/LUX/Kelvin/PUR Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by herns View Post
You dont really need the blue LED on planted tank unless you want to view at night.

Can blue LED turned off without the use of timer add ons?

Not by itself no. All on, blue only on or all off. This as an add on will let you. Timer Module for Beamswork or EVO Quad LED Aquarium Light Fixture https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDMOHH8..._W5ObzbA7REBQ9

post #43 of 357 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 03:07 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Not by itself no. All on, blue only on or all off. This as an add on will let you. Timer Module for Beamswork or EVO Quad LED Aquarium Light Fixture https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDMOHH8..._W5ObzbA7REBQ9

I wounder if anyone has taken the time to figure out if you can just short out a couple pins int he controller port to turn off blues can't be anything complex going on in there.

because other than that the timer is really not worth it because a wall timer or a TC420 controller does the same thing for less money.
post #44 of 357 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampo View Post
I wounder if anyone has taken the time to figure out if you can just short out a couple pins int he controller port to turn off blues can't be anything complex going on in there.

because other than that the timer is really not worth it because a wall timer or a TC420 controller does the same thing for less money.
With my own personal experience (incompetence) with these lights and the timer unit, the light is not very visually appealing without the blue lights. Especially if there are any tannins in your water. they got pretty yellow-green with out the balance of the blue.

post #45 of 357 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (361/100%)
Quote:

Seems you know Beamswork product well.
Do you know if they have models that comes with only white LED?

I could not find on searches.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode