Questions for all you Kessil owners! Thanks in advance =)
Thinking of swapping out Finnex Planted+ 12" on a 6-gal 12" cube running moderate CO2. Not sure on A80 or A160. I'd like to place it up fairly high about about 6-8" above tank which is 16-18" to substrate (or maybe I don't want it that high because the spread will be too wide?). I'm not one to blast my tanks with light, but I like the idea of being able to crank it up if needed to either go higher CO2 or a larger/deeper tank.
1) For a 12" cube, what % level would be low, medium and high light for A80?
2) For a 12" cube, what % level would be low, medium and high light for A160? I know A80 is supposed to be half, but reports seem to indicate otherwise? @charlie 1
based on your pics, you two might be well suited to answer these!
3) When using gooseneck, what is max height LED will sit compared to base of mount?
4) Anyone using Kessil controller? Does the ramp up/down do it smoothly like a wall dimmer, or in steps like turning off LEDs one by one?
5) Does this throw a lot of light off to the sides, or is it a pretty focused beam like it looks? In other words, does it blind you when viewing tank at eye level?
Tons of questions but thanks everyone!