harvs 15 gallons - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

2013-05-17 12.45.35.jpg
User harvs
Size 15 gallons
Date Started march 7, 2013
Lighting 2 x 14 watts T5 Bulbs Daylight
Equipment Hang on back filter Submersible Pump Automatic Digital Timer
CO2 DIY
Substrate black sand
Parameters
Fertilization none
Plants foreground: H. micranthemoides R. fluitans midground: L. cardinalis H. micranthemoides A. nana (petite) Background: L. brevipes H. zosterifolia Tied on wood: A. nana (petite)
Inhabitants 11- Neon Tetras 7- Nerite Snails 4- Chinese Algae Eaters 2- Otocinclus
Comments Done lots of changes during the first 2 months and replanted new growths. Had brown algae problems and was resolved by nerite snails and algae eaters. Tried 2-3 watts per gallon of lighting for riccia but other plants got slightly burnt so it i maintained it to 1 watt/ gallon again. Battling with Staghorn Algae maybe because of unstable co2 supply.
Profile Views 511

smcoyle87
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Whoa..I love the driftwood pieces! Nice placement too!

harvs
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thanks!

TH12
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Some of the most "tree trunk" looking driftwood I have seen. Nice work!

harvs
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thanks! I bought driftwoods that resemble a tree trunk, tree branches and big roots. i just glued and tied the woods together to produce this tree.

Raymond S.
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
Wow, plants everywhere but no obstructed view so the "hardscape" still shares the spotlight along/w the plants. Awesome balance...