kseanm247 75 gallon community tank - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

IMG_4946.JPG
User kseanm247
Size 75 gallon community tank
Date Started 1-28-2013 rescape
Lighting Aquaticlife T5HO dual (2 x 6000k) Odysea T5HO dual (2 x 6500k) On for 6 hours per day
Equipment Eshopps WC-100 sump, Supreme Mag-Drive 7 pump, 300w heater, Aquatop UV lamp 2 x power heads @ 100 GPH for water circulation
CO2 Milwalkee regulator with solenoid and bubblecounter 5lb co2 cylinder Diffusion method - return pump
Substrate Styrofoam landscape, 1 - 1.5" of potting soil, 1 - 1.5" of gravel
Parameters 80 Degrees, 0.0 Ammonia, 0.15 Nitrate, 0.0 Nitrite, GH 10, KH 10, 6.8 PH
Fertilization EI liquid fert regiment Weekly 50% water changes
Plants Amazon Sword, Anubis, Java Moss, Ludwigia Repens, Echinodorus Kleiner Prinz, Hygrophila corymbosa, Cabomba Palaeformis, Dwarf Onion Plant, Echinodorus sp. St. Elmo’s Fire Sword, Hygrofila Angustifolia, Vallisneria Spiralis, Cryptocoryne parva, Wisteria, Bacopa, Rotala Wallichii, Dwarf Water Lettuce, Creeping Jenny, Telanthera Cardinalis,
Inhabitants 9 female betta, 5 german blue ram, 2 sunburst platy, 13 harlequin rasbora, 6 blue tetra, 6 neon tetra, 5 glowlight tetra, 2 cory cats, 2 otto cat, 5 nerite tiger snails, 8 nerite zebra snails, 1 mystery snails
Comments This is my first planted tank. It was already up and running with 5 Clown Loaches until they outgrew it. Then I broke it down and converted it to a planted tank. I kept my filter media and gravel so re-cycling the tank wasn't necessary.
Profile Views 1513

kseanm247
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
3-27-13 Added new photo of tank. Trimmed the Wisteria and an Amazon Swordling, then potted them to go in a friend's tank. Also added a DIY sump return spray-bar. Planning to do something on the back wall with that big ball of java moss. Also going to make some java moss trees with the Manzanita wood. I put a couple of test pieces in the tank to make sure they were finished 'snotting'. So many plans... so little time :)

kseanm247
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
3-28-13 I've been working on my CO2 diffusion process. While waiting on some parts to come in, I routed my CO2 line into my pump intake. I wanted to see what it would be like for the bubbles to be minced up and coming out of my new DIY spray-bar. The result is complete micro bubble madness, encompassing 100% of the tank. Drop checker should be here soon so I can get a clearer picture of my CO2 level.

kseanm247
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
4-1-13 Added new photos. Removed giant pile of java moss on the left and added the java moss trees made out of Manzanita branches. Moved all of the Anubis to the big root on the right.

kseanm247
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
4-1-13 Added photos of the new java moss wall. Can't wait to see how it looks in a month.

kseanm247
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
4-26-13 Beginning to see some green spot algae on the front glass, and some BBA in a couple of unwanted areas so I added some more Zebra Nerite snails.

kseanm247
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
4-26-13 Beginning to see some green spot algae on the front glass, and some BBA in a couple of unwanted areas so I added some more Zebra Nerite snails.

kseanm247
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Update - the Nerties are gobbling up the green spot algae on the glass. However, I am noticing some green hair algae in a couple places, and the BBA is still there, grrr. None of the algae is a huge deal at this point but I am trying to stay in front of it so that it does not get worse.

NatMat283
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Whoa man that is awesome.

kseanm247
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
8-19-13 Added new pic and updated info.