Destinee 55 gallons - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

S7003200.JPG
User Destinee
Size 55 gallons
Date Started october 1st
Lighting coralife 96 watt system 5000k
Equipment 2 top fin power filters 1 hydor heater
CO2 none yet
Substrate gravel and flourite
Parameters 6.5 ish p.h soft water thats all I know
Fertilization florish
Plants
Inhabitants 1 rainbow shark 15 serpe tetras 3 neon tetras 6 glowlite tetras 4 dwarf frogs 1 albino clawed frog 1 angel fish 2 cory cats 1 otocinclis 4 saes 2 cave tetras
Comments
Profile Views 1083
S7003208.JPG

Destinee
Planted Member

Your Avatar
THIS IS MY TANK! I WOULD LOVE SOME SUGGESTIONS, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO TO IT, I WANT A TAKASHI AMANO LOOK TO IT, WHICH IT DOESNT HAVE RIGHT NOW.

NwFishinfool
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Destinee, You have a very nice looking tank. When I planted my 26g, I was also after a certain look. I knew what I liked but wasn't sure how to get there. Over a period of about six months, trying various rocks, plants, wood and arrangements I started focusing my changes on smaller sections of the tank rather than trying to design the complete tank in one rescape. For me this has worked out really well. It has been a really fun process and not as overwhelming as trying to scape the whole tank at once. As a matter of fact, I need to update my gallery because my pics look nothing like the tank does today. Since you like the Amano look, I would suggest finding a nice piece of hardscape (rocks, wood, etc), and locate this in a visually pleasing location. I would leave this in place for awhile and not make any other major changes. But spend some time really looking at it over a period of days or weeks. Try to focus on the area right around this feature and come up with something that enhances the look. Leave this in place for awhile and slowly work your way out into the rest of the tank. i did quite a few complete rescapes without getting the look I wanted. Also, each time I rescaped the whole thing I would lose the parts of the aquascape that I liked. The look of my tank really improved when I started focusing on smaller areas. Maybe I'm just "visually challenged" but it has really workd for me. So, sorry for the long winded comment. I'm stuck in a hospital bed for the next 6 or 8 days, bored out of my brain. Thank god they just got internet access recently. It has kept me occupied planning my next tank and reading posts on this forum i never seem to have time to read. Have fun and enjoy!

SCBreeder

Your Avatar
WHAT NO SNAILS????? LOL I can bet it does not look like that now!....

gasteriaphile
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I wish there were dates on this set of comments so I'd know where we are in the time/space continuum! I agree whole-heartedly with the bed-ridden FishinFool when he suggests beginnning your plant aquascaping by placing your largest elements first. I landscape design spaces for clients in one of my lives, and it is a given that one starts with the trees and then moves on down to the bigger shrubs, and only lastly begin to put in the ornamental grasses, perennials, and so forth. Did you start with a plan? I cannot landscape an area without a plan and many aquascapers say the same thing. There is a book by two Japanese who show the plans for each of their creations, called The Natural Aquarium: How to Imitate Nature. Have you seen it Destinee? It might really help you. Cheers, Breck in Spokane

Planted-Community
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
a bucnh of cardinals would look great around 20+

Planted-Community
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
a bucnh of cardinals would look great around 20+