Kayakbabe 120g - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

8weeks.jpg
User Kayakbabe
Size 120g
Date Started Sep 05
Lighting Geissman metal halide & actinic combo.
Equipment Eheim 2213, Tunsa CO2 reactor,
CO2 yes
Substrate Eco complete
Parameters pH 6.6
Fertilization Flourish 5 ml daily, weekly as needed stump remover, fleet enema, epsom salts, etc.
Plants lots
Inhabitants mostly tetras, Dwarf Neon Rainbows, Corydoras sterbei, Otocinclus sp., Red Cherry Shrimp
Comments Main image is at 7 weeks. 2nd image is at 10 weeks (Dec 05).
Profile Views 594
10weeks.jpg IMGP0251.JPG

Kayakbabe
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Main image is of tank at 8 weeks.

Kayakbabe
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
2nd image is at 10 weeks. I had nitrate limitation going on (thanks to forums members who helped me figure that out) and it caused hair algae to grow out very nicely. I think the hairy rocks look kinda neat. But another week later it looked aweful. Excell for a quick fix.. and then I watched to make make sure I have enought ferts. Now the hair is gone.. and I have a lot of Nitrates in there... I run this tank around 30 ppm.

asiansensation2000
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I like the algae but the tank has potential.....still needs to grow out and be lush. Keep it up!

Kayakbabe
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
yeah I actually like the look of hair algae on the round rocks too. Wish it was more like a plant and would kinda stay where I wanted it to grow.. but.. alas.. it had to go... it kinda took over after that pic. It's gone now thank goodness. ;-)