junglefowl 10 gallon - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

IMG_2229 (1024x768).jpg
User junglefowl
Size 10 gallon
Date Started 11-11-2012
Lighting Odyssea T5HO Dual 20" 6500K 36W
Equipment HOB Filter
CO2 DIY
Substrate Eco-complete
Parameters
Fertilization
Plants
Inhabitants
Comments
Profile Views 1056

justanothertankguy

Your Avatar
Sweet tank. Love that piece of driftwood and the moss on it. (that is moss, right?) How do you like your Odyssea light fixture? I'm looking at lights but understand thier reputation isn't the best.

junglefowl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Thanks!! That is moss on the driftwood... I love my Odyssea light fixture...It gave me a boom of algae at first when I set up the tank...but when my tank got stable...it helps growing the plants like crazy.

canIlive

Your Avatar
I would love to know more about your tank. What is your light cycle? What kind of fertz are you dosing?

junglefowl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Light is on for 8 hours a day...10-1:30...5:30-10 I use flourish tab for the first month when I set up the tank...but now the only thing I dose is flourish excel to prevent the tank from algea...

canIlive

Your Avatar
Thank you. Your tank is brilliant. I did have a couple more questions. How far do you have your light mounted above your tank? Do you feel that you are getting a advantage from your split light cycle, or is it just to better fit the times when you like to watch your tank?

junglefowl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
I have the light about 3 inches above the water. Splitting light cycle will have more benefit for your tank. I use a timer for it.

Gokul
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Driftwood placement is so natural. Wonderful planted tank.

junglefowl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Thanks Gokul!!!