Dx3Bash 55 Gallon - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

DSCN1567.JPG
User Dx3Bash
Size 55 Gallon
Date Started 1-9-13
Lighting Catalina Aquarium 3 x 54W T5 HO 2 x 6500K and 1 x Plant Grow (5000k?) 3-4" above tank.
Equipment Fluval 306 w/skimmer and DiY Spraybar, Rena Filstar XP S with inline 150W heater and inline 10 W UV Sterilizer. Periodic polishing with H.O.T. Magnum and micron filter.
CO2 Pressurized Co2. 10 Lb Tank. Regulator custom made dual stage by TPT Member Bettatail.
Substrate 100 pounds of Eco-Complete
Parameters Temp 76, gh 5, kh 5, ph 6.8
Fertilization EI dosing using the Macro/Micro ferts from GLA. Daily dose of Seachem Excel. Osmocote+ root tabs.
Plants Wisteria, Dwarf Sag, HC, Glosso, Rotala Indica, Crypt Wendtii, Crypt Parva, Ludwigia Peruensis, Heteranthera Stargrass, Amazon Sword, Corkscrew Val, and a Red Tiger Lotus.
Inhabitants 14 Neon Tetras, 8 Rummy Nose Tetras, 9 Rasboras Espei, 5 Otocinclus, 2 Albino Corys, 2 Cory Bilineatus, 1 GBR, 1 SAE, 5 Amano Shrimp and 5 Nerite Snails.
Comments This is my first planted aquarium. Have kept African Cichlids, Saltwater Angels and Reef tanks, but never plants. I love the color and contrast of the planted tank. Lights, CO2, and UV all on timers. Photoperiod 8.5 hours per day. CO2 On/Off half hour before lights. Still not happy with the scape. Hopefully the new plants coming this week (2/25/13) will be an improvement.
Profile Views 645

tbonedeluxe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Great looking tank! Try leaving half of the bulb sticking out of the substrate for both lotuses.

Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
The Red Tiger Lotus bulbs have actually come to life quite nicely. They are both shooting up multiple leaves and sending roots to the substrate.

Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
2/18/13 Did a complete re-scape today. Will post pics soon.

Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Still not completely happy with the re-scape. Having a difficult time trying to create depth in such a narrow tank. If anyone has ideas PM me. Will post additional pictures soon. Looking to order more (1) Zosterfolia, (2) Glosso and (2) Pogostemon Erectus. Also planning for Christmas Moss on the Manzanita.

Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
2/21/13 Main picture was original set up. Smaller pic above is the "re-scape" which is still work in progress at the time of this post.

Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
2/25/13 New scape as of last week. 3 new plant orders coming in this week. I plan to replace much of wisteria, corkscrew val and dwarf sag. I will also likely pull the red tiger lotus. Some of the new species of plants coming in are Blyxa japonica, Ludwigia inclinata sp. 'cuba', Limnophila aromatica, taiwan moss (to be tied on manzanita branch), heteranthera zosterfolia, ranunculus inundatus, mayaca fluviatilis, hydrotriche hottoniiflora, and another pot of glosso. Perhaps more than I need but the scape will really benefit from the new look and interesting plants.