BeastMaster 5 gal - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

IMG_1143.JPG
User BeastMaster
Size 5 gal
Date Started Nov 2012
Lighting natural sunlight
Equipment none
CO2 none
Substrate ADA new Amazonia normal/Fluval Stratum/aquarium gravel mixed, ADA new Amazonia powder
Parameters water exchanges after periods of rain, water added for evaporation make-up
Fertilization none
Plants Hemianthus glomeratus, Echinodorus tenellus, Microsorum pteropus "Trident" plantlets attached to driftwood pieces, Lemna minor floating
Inhabitants trio (1M/2F) A. agassizi "Double red" (6) Elassoma okefenokee, few Neocardina denticulata-wild, fancy guppy fry
Comments vintage Pemco SS frame, original glass
Profile Views 336
IMG_1147.JPG

tom morris
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
How do you enjoy looking at this, what are we viewing. It appears to be dirty as far as I am concerned. Are you sure fishes are alive, if so where are they.

BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

Your Avatar
Hi Tom, thanks for your comment. This is a completely natural tank, no equipment (filters, CO2, artifical lighting), just plants in an aquarium soil substrate in a small tank getting outdoor sunlight. The first pic was taken with suspended algae. I have updated the pic after a week of daphnia addition for the fish. I also did a slight water change after a period of rain causing the tank water level to reach the lip. This is an experiment to see the difference in plant growth exposed to artifical light (my other 3 tanks) & natural sunlight. All the fish and invertebrates in this outdoor tank are doing extremely well and the tank equlibrium is slowly coming in line.

Nightspell
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Interesting experiment... Will be curious to see how this develops.