scottytank 35 Gallon, Bulkheaded Acrylic - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

tank_042613_2.jpg
User scottytank
Size 35 Gallon, Bulkheaded Acrylic
Date Started 11.13.12
Lighting Finnex Ray2 36" LED & Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED+.
Equipment Eheim 2216. Hydor In-Line Heater.
CO2 5 lb tank, Atomic V3 regulator, Atomic Bubble Counter, Atomic CO2 diffuser, ADA Drop Checker. 2 bps during photo period for 30 ppm.
Substrate ADA Power Sand Special (M), ADA Aqua Soil New Amazonia, ADA Mekong Sand (SS).
Parameters PH: 6.6 KH: 6 GH: 9 Temp: 74F
Fertilization
Plants Hemianthus callitrichoides (Dwarf Baby Tears), Eleocharis parvula (Dwarf Hair Grass), Cryptocoryne wendtii (Green Crypt Wendtii), Microsorum pteropus sp. Trident & sp. windelov (Trident Java Fern, Java Fern Windelov), Rotala rotundifolia [Indica], Ludwigia repens x L. arcuata, Riccia fluitans.
Inhabitants [11] Rasbora heteromorpha (Harlequin Rasbora), [6] Corydoras Weitzmani (Weitzmani Cory), [9] Caridina multidentada (Amano Shrimp), [2] Neritina natalensis sp. "Zebra" (Zebra Nerite Snail), [1] Hymenochirus boettgeri (African Dwarf Frog), A plethera of Pond Snails.
Comments Pictures are from Days 1, 14, 20, 25, 34 & 48 and beyond.
Profile Views 899

Denzil
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Love the arrangement of driftwood and plants. Very balanced and my eye wants to follow that path down the center of your tank. Not to be critical or anything but I think a solid black background would really add to the appearance of the tank and give it a nice aesthetic. Just a minor thought. Nice work though.

scottytank
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thanks Denzil! I've been playing with some different background colors by getting matt board from the art supply store. I don't necessarily want to go black, its just so stark. I'm going to try something a bit different next, I'll post pictures. Thanks for the compliments and ideas though, I'm definitely going to try going darker with the background and am continually making refinements.

Z71kitty
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Truly amazing. So beautiful,well balanced and peaceful. Not too busy and a perfect variety of plant life!

scottytank
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thanks Z71kitty!

Denzil
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Was wondering what your thoughts on the Finnex Ray II lights are? I'm setting up a 75 gallon and I'm trying to decide lighting. I love the price on the finnex leds and all the other leds I've priced are either super outrageously high or low price low quality. It seems from what I've read that the finnex is good quality for the price. Only objections I've heard is that it does not have dimmer capability which I can live with. Your thoughts?

scottytank
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Denzil, I've been very happy with the Finnex. Its really bright and a nice spectrum. My HC is filling in nicely and definitely crawling and my other plants, especially the stems are growing rapidly and its bringing out some nice pinks at the top of my wallachii. There's plenty of light to grow just about anything with it. I don't care about the dimming so much as once I feel the carpet has grown in and doesn't need as much solar ammo I am going to add an additional lower output light that I can put on a separate timer from the Ray2 so I'm not pulverizing the inhabitants with light for the whole day. I have nothing but good things to say about the Ray2.