rhody9 55 Gallon - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

IMAG0908.jpg
User rhody9
Size 55 Gallon
Date Started 2/2012
Lighting Hagen glo fixture with 2 HO t5 10k and 6500k
Equipment HOB emperor penquin
CO2 Seachem excel
Substrate seachem flourite, some left over painted gavel, api first layer
Parameters 0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, 20 -40 nitrate need to test gh and kh
Fertilization seachem flourish comp, seachem iron, seachem potassium
Plants Melon sword, amazon sword, rubin sword, ocelot sword, radican sword, tiger lotus, anubias, java fern
Inhabitants columbian tetra school (14), tiger barbs (7), cories (2 bronze, 1 albino, 2 juli, 1 agazzi, 1 paleatus), bn pleco (1), pictus cat (1)
Comments This tank evolved into a planted tank and has been a blast!
Profile Views 517

mgood
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
OMG - a little dinosaur! What is that? I love it!

Sara3502
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Aww it's a little turtle!!!

wkndracer
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
Bwahahaha! unless my eyes are lying that looks like a baby alligator snapping turtle (Macrochelys temminckii). Nasty biters with a bad attitude.

Raymond S.
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
#1 they will eat till they can no longer fit anything in their mouth if you give it to them. Though it will need progressively more, at that size one guppy sized fish per week is enough or he will be twice that sized in 6 months. They sleep in water just a bit deeper than needed to cover them so that they can just reach their head up above water without moving the body so something that provides that in their tank would be appreciated. #2 in some states they are protected(if in fact it is not just a plain snapping turtle which I believe has a much smoother shell) and Arkansaw is one of those states but not Louisiana but yes Mississippi is. No info on other states. Interesting trivia: "They" used to catch them by walking in the water barefooted and those points only on the rear of the shell, would indicate to them where the head is so you can then reach down into the water to pick it up safely...LOL Notice I said "they".