carolsmith7878 2.5 Gallon Wave Aquarium - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

2.jpg
User carolsmith7878
Size 2.5 Gallon Wave Aquarium
Date Started September 2012
Lighting Light from a nearby daylight spiral fluorescent bulb, and the led's that the tank came with.
Equipment Home-made sponge filter (fluval pre-filter sponge, rigid tubing, air stone, air pump)
CO2 None
Substrate Eco-complete topped over Miracle Grow organic potting soil
Parameters don't know. Used aged aquarium water from another tank to start, planted, then waited a month or so 'til the copepods and other stuff showed up. 20% water change every week or so.
Fertilization Shrimp and Snail poo
Plants Pellia, Java moss, ???? other stuff ;-)
Inhabitants Cherry Shrimp, their (many) shrimplets, pond snails, and malaysian trumpet snails
Comments Sorry about the poor pics... the camera is being weird. I will take more later when I figure out why it's being turdy.
Profile Views 351

carolsmith7878

Your Avatar
I want some java fern for the back of the tank, but live clear out in the boonies in the Ozarks... so... maybe someday when I make the 2 hour drive to civilization and the fish store. ;-)

carolsmith7878

Your Avatar
I want some java fern for the back of the tank, but live clear out in the boonies in the Ozarks... so... maybe someday when I make the 2 hour drive to civilization and the fish store. ;-)

Rexthecrayfish
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
nice tank your other ones sweet too. i wish i lived away from civilization it blows the only good thing is the fish stores haha

Meekajade

Your Avatar
I love the feel of this tank! Looks natural like a section of the bay near a dock or just off the shore line, like in a canal. Very nice.