NeonBubbles 10 Gals Glass Aquarium - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

gjj.jpg
User NeonBubbles
Size 10 Gals Glass Aquarium
Date Started Jun.16.07
Lighting 15W Power-Glo, 18k
Equipment Aquaclear: - For 5 - 20 U.S. Gal. Aquariums - Maximum Output: 378 L per hour - Maximum Output: 100 U.S. gal per hour - Full Flow Control: 124 L per hour - Full Flow Control: 33 U.S. gal per hour - Power Consumption: 6 W - Maximum Aquarium Capacity: 75 L - Maximum Aquarium Capacity: 20 U.S. gal
CO2 Food Of Choice: Blood Worms. Brine Shrimp. Peas. Lettuce. Algae Chips by Aquarian Cucumbers
Substrate Two 5lb black rocks and 1lb neon rocks.
Parameters NO3)0-10ppm NO2)0ppm Ph)7.2-7.6 HR Ph)7.4-7.8 NH3/NH4)0-.25ppm
Fertilization Chemicals Used: Topfin Tap Water Dechlorinator. Test Kit For All Bottled Chemicals Topfin Ph Increasor and Decresor Topfin Ammo Remover Topfin Conditioning Salt
Plants Three brightly coloured plastic plants.
Inhabitants 1 Red Finned Rainbow Shark, 1 Albino Rainbow Shark, 1 Four Line Pimelodella Catfish, 1 Gold Algae Eater, 1 Rubber Lip Pleco. 1 Black Molly. 14 Black Molly Fry (Soon to be added: 1 Irredescent Shark, another species of catfish, Glofish, Shrimp, and Mollys)
Comments
Profile Views 583

kana
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Do I see plastic plants?

247Plants
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
1 Red Finned Rainbow Shark, 1 Albino Rainbow Shark, 1 Four Line Pimelodella Catfish, 1 Gold Algae Eater, 1 Rubber Lip Pleco. 1 Black Molly. 14 Black Molly Fry (Soon to be added: 1 Irredescent Shark, another species of catfish, Glofish, Shrimp, and Mollys) Thats way too much for a 10 gallon. I ihighly suggest you research the fish you have and rethink your options.

black_envy
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Wow. I just calculated the number of inches of fish you have in your tank, assuming full grown size of all fish...you have 60" of fish in a 10 GALLON TANK. This is animal abuse stuffing a fish that can grow over 8" long in a 10 gallon tank. That is not including the number of fish you are planning on adding! Don't stuff a 12" irredescent shark in a 10 gallon!

zachxbass
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
you should really add a caiman to that tank

Hurriken
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Iridescent Sharks can be 4ft long as adults and prefer to run in schools of 4 or 5. Retail stores should not be selling them. Read it for yourself. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridescent_shark Find another source as well.

Taryn Nation
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Im new too and I had over stocked then Lost. Remember that Phrase. They are right However. If you plan to upgrade in a year you can hold only 1 of those shark in a 10 gallon with maybe 5 schooling fish, a black loach that gets 4inch total, and maybe a crab and frog. I have 2 rasboras, 1 crab, 1 frog, 1black loach, 1 Raphael fish, and 1 mystery snail. Also Tons of ghost shrimp which are good as a clean up crew.

Z71kitty
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Cute tank. I have a ten gallon tank like this with the same gravel and fake glow plants. I call it my fun tank. I also started out with too many fish and lost some of them. Right now I have two glo danios,one endlers livebearer, one bumblebee goby,one guppy and one minnow. All very small and doing great. Good luck, I like it.