JYY626 100 gal - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

DSC_0017.JPG
User JYY626
Size 100 gal
Date Started 3/20/2012
Lighting t5 ho 250w 7 hours a day. 20 mins of natural sunlight when the sun hits the window.
Equipment ehiem 2215, 2 sponge filters
CO2 none
Substrate black aquarium gravel (top) ADA amazonia, flourite (bottom)
Parameters
Fertilization none
Plants a lot
Inhabitants 7 roseline shark, 10 Brigitte Rasbora, 10 featherfin rainbow, 10 ottocinclus, 4 rainbow goby, 4 smudge cory, 5 habrosus cory, 2 flying fox, 5 CPD, 5 amano shrimp, 20+ Red cherry shrimp, 1 bristle nose pleco, Ramshorn snails, trumpet snails.
Comments Located in my side garage gym
Profile Views 1804

Elwood
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
What a beautiful Tank! What are the tall plants?

JYY626
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
The tall plants growing out of the tank are Amazon Sword plants... I've had them before but none grew out like it did with this tank. I think it must be the 10-20 mins of sunlight they get. They're so much taller and leaves are super wide.

CherylG

Your Avatar
I love your tank! What are the plants on the treelike wood?

JYY626
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
The plants on the Manzanita wood are java ferns, they're really easy plants to keep. Just tie them to the wood and you're set.

Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
I love the natural light that shines in through the tank from the window. Gorgeous. I have done this same thing before and the plants really respond nicely! Your Amazon Swords are incredible! You also did a great job with the layout. Beautiful.

plantman2465
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
very nice. Beautiful aquarium.

JAHarkey29

Your Avatar
your tank is incredible!!! what kind of light fixture?

JYY626
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
The light fixture I use is a odyssea t5 light from aquatraders. Many people have complained about their products and service but let me tell you. After 2 light fixtures and many light bulbs bought from them I have nothing but good things to say about their products and services. Their lights are the most affordable around.

RevClyburn
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Very nice tank, very nice. now I have a idea on what i really want to achieve with my tank, yet to be done. i'm trying to get all the things I want in it first. And I see you're not using anything, ferts, C02, which is another thing i like, just letting the plants do their own thing. Really like your tank, thanks for showing it. Rev