Peccator 150 gal - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

SAM_0764 (800x335).jpg
User Peccator
Size 150 gal
Date Started 01 September 2012
Lighting 4 80watt Shop lights with 6500K t12 tubes
Equipment DIY wet/dry trickle filter, with 725gph pump
CO2 DIY setup, 3 2L bottles hooked into a power head.
Substrate Aquarium gravel, pea gravel, PFS capped dirt
Parameters <20ppm Nitrate, 0ppm Nitrite, gH around 8.5, kH about 8.5, pH around 7.8
Fertilization none
Plants Echinodorus bleheri, Cabomba pulcherrima, Ceratophyllum demersum, RRotala indica, Mayaca fluviatilis, Myriophyllum simulans, Sagittaria subulata, Eleocharis parvulus, Chladophora Aegagropila, Hydrotriche Hottoniiflora, Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae, Ludwigia arcuata, Anubias barteri var. nana, Cabomba caroliniana, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Myriophyllum Heterophyllum, Ludwigia repens 'narrow leaf',
Inhabitants 11 Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi), 5 Platy (Xiphophorus maculatus), 1 male Crown tail betta (Betta splendens), 5 Black Skirt Tetra (Gymnocorymbus Ternetzi), 4 Tiger barb (Puntius tetrazona), 5 Spotfin corydoras (Corydoras punctatus), 5 Blind Cave Tetra (Astyanax fasciatus mexicanus), 6 Cherry barb (Puntius titteya), 2 Chinese Algae Eater (Gyrinocheilus aymonieri), 8 Fancy Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) 2 male 6 female, 6 rainbow darter (Etheostoma caeruleum), 4 Otocinclus Affinis, 4 Mikrogeophagus altispinosa, a whole mess of guppy and platy fry
Comments This is a combination of 6 tanks by 2" tubes, 75gal, 29gal, 20gal, 10gal, 10gal, 6gal My first planted tank, and kind of an experiment in itself
Profile Views 1048

Denzil
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
O.K. I'll bite. What is the experiment? I noticed the tanks appear to be connected via PVC. Got me curious?

Peccator
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
It's pretty straight forward. I was reading about aqua bridges online and had a few extra tanks sitting around so I thought I'd give it a try. All the tanks are connected by PVC elbows and some clear tube I found at Lowe's. There's a pump in the smallest tank and a tube that runs back to the top of the wet/dry filter that sits over the biggest. It's been a lot of trial and error. Several times the water levels have gotten too low from evaporation and the tubes would drain. That made the big tank overflow and flood the room, but I've finally figured out how to cope with that. Also, this is my first time with live plants, so that's been experimental for me as well.