meganmony 65 Gallons - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

photo.JPG
User meganmony
Size 65 Gallons
Date Started July 27, 2012
Lighting 234 watts of T5 Added LEDS 12/13
Equipment Eheim 2217 Eheim Heater Bucketless/Hoseless Water Changes
CO2 Fully automatic CO2 Injection (Aquariumplants.com system)
Substrate EcoComplete Flourite
Parameters
Fertilization 5ml Flourish Complete once per week
Plants The easy ones but I love them!
Inhabitants 3 Rasboras 1 Black Tetras 8 Neon Tetras 1 White Clouds 2 Cherry Barbs 2 Panda Corys 3 Rummynose Tetras 2 BN Plecos 20+ Cherry Shrimp 6 Assassin Snails
Comments 33% water change weekly Filtered tap water but no RO. Purigen in Canister + Prime
Profile Views 633

meganmony
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I am very pleased with the growth of my plants so far. Especially without pressurized co2. I put in a lot of plants from day one and so far knock on wood hardly any algae problems at all. I run full lights about 7 hours a day and partial lights 3 hours a day.

crypticmonk
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I love what you did with the rocks! It's encouraging for me to see that you don't use pressurized Co2. Most people would say that's impossible. Guess you proved them wrong :)

meganmony
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thanks crypticmonk! I don't want my plants to grow any faster. I am going to try some short foreground plants. That might be a bit more challenging. I was thinking of trying some dwarf narrow leaf sagittaria subulata. They say it is pretty easy. We'll see.

Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
I really like how you stepped away from the "norm" and created an aquascape that feels like a garden with stone work. Nice arrangement of your hard scape and plants. It looks like your design has created a "playground" sort-to-speak for the inhabitants. Very interesting.

meganmony
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thank you Amanda. I am having a lot of fun.

Z71kitty
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Perfect! Five stars from me!