Gooberfish 10 Gallons - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

photo.JPG
User Gooberfish
Size 10 Gallons
Date Started June 2011
Lighting Two 20watt CFL bulbs
Equipment Heater, Aqueon 10, Fountain pump.
CO2 DIY sugar & champagne yeast
Substrate Eco Complete
Parameters
Fertilization couple drops of plant liquid food (For ponds. It's what I have too much of)
Plants Hornwort, Wisteria, Dwarf Hairgrass, Amazon Sword, Christmas Moss wall, Anacharis, Rotala Singapore, Rotala Indica, Anubias barteri, Blyx Japonica
Inhabitants 3 Goldfish. 1 Oranda-looking thing, Two 13 cent starters from petsmart
Comments The fountain pump on the right pumps the water into a grow bed where I have marginal bog plants and grow lights. It's my aquaponic bog garden
Profile Views 381

Aquamom
Planted Member

Your Avatar
This is a beautiful tank! Love the wide variety of plants, textures, shapes and colors. Substrate is very attractive. I assume you will eventually be moving the goldies to a larger tank? Also, most filters are only half as powerful as they're rated, hence your Aqueon 10 might not be providing sufficient filtration. I would add another, or replace it with an Aqueon 20, if they make them. Tanks looks nice and clean. Also like the rocks and driftwood.

Gooberfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Thanks! If I could afford a bigger tank for the goldfish, I would. But for now they'll hang out there. There's a fountain pump that pumps water in and out of a bog filter. Added filtration seems to be working.