Gbbudd 92 gallon corner - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

fish tank 239 edit.JPG
User Gbbudd
Size 92 gallon corner
Date Started 10-2005
Lighting
Equipment QUATRZ HALOGEN
CO2 10 BUBBLES PER SECOND BECAUSE OF THE WATERFALL
Substrate FLORITE AND LATORITE
Parameters 6.8
Fertilization NONE
Plants
Inhabitants
Comments 92 gallon corner tank ,lighting is and this eveyone always says is NO GOOD is Quartz hallogen. yes it is a little yellow but a picture is worth a thousand words. Eheim canister filter. plants include FOREGROUND- Pogostemon helferi, Pellia,Dwarf sagitaria the bronze grass i do not know what it is if anyone knows please let me know.Mid ground nesea, rotala green, water sprite-wisteria.anubias petiet, baby tears,fissden. ph is kept at 6.8 -7.0 by Co2 injection. 10 bubbles per second due to the two foot drop with the waterfalls. Yes i know the more surface movement the less Co2 concentration or more injection is needed but the water fall is A HUGE part of my system, i have always gone against the norm and found a way to work things out. ALL the plants around the tank are feed from the water fall. i water nothing ever. all runnoff drops right back into the tank. 50-70% water change weekly. 8 agoo boos, 4 peacock digeons 3 flying fox 4 otto cats 2 simease algea eaters, 20 true red nose rummies 20 haliquin razboras countless ghost shrimp and ammano shrimp. two khulii loaches and a golden piscostomous . this should about cover it at a 1/4 th the price of a reef tank the old boring fresh water tank is making it's mark in the hobby
Profile Views 2586

Gbbudd
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
is there anybody out there. more pic here if anyone is alive out there http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z232/gbbudd/

glmory
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
That really is a nice tank...

deleted_user_16
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
that is a holy mama!!!!! How long did it take to make? It is gorgeous!!!!

TheCryptKeeper
Aquascaper = Artist

Your Avatar
inspiring... love it

DiscusIt'sWhats4DinneR
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
ahh awesome tank that is inspiring i have been thinking of something like that ever since i saw a picture of this huge aquarium in a zoo that was a south american biotope. it had a big waterfall and the plants with friggin iguanas crawling above the water on rocks with all the fish swimming down below. very cool.

plantman302
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
awesome tank.inspiring.

bubbless
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
not a run of the mill....very inspirational tank =))))

fisheyed

Your Avatar
amazing tank! wow

ratee66

Your Avatar
only the illest tank ever.. great job, very clean

gbbari

Your Avatar
Wow! Excellent variation from the traditional aquarium / riparium setup. Would love to see your comments about plants and critters placed in the "Plants" and "Inhabitants" sections - would make reading this sooo much easier. Can you list more water params? Also congrats on the excellent growth with low-tech lights. Is there a way you could light the aquarium from a light that is low, horizontal along the aquarium front edge and side-fed for power so it doesn't obstruct the above-water garden? Where are the fish?

Powchekny
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Beautiful

Jenks

Your Avatar
Show's what can be done, with planning an a lot of hard graft. Really nice looking tank =0)

Dimmer13
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
awesome...with a little waterfall and everything...now you just need some salamanders crawling around on the top haha

ObscureAllure
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Love it! I wish I had the time, energy and dedication to pull that off. Kudos!