izabella87 40 Gallons - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

DSC03873.JPG
User izabella87
Size 40 Gallons
Date Started Final Chapter 1 february 2012
Lighting 2 X 32watts (homemade fixture)
Equipment Filter Fluvial 55 gal
CO2 Lots of fish do the job miraculously
Substrate Sand
Parameters
Fertilization Excel
Plants Java moss, star moss, ferns, others
Inhabitants neon tetras, platys, cherry barbs, 1 betta, plecos (diff types) Cherry shrimps, amano shrimps, ghost shrimps, bamboo shrimps, u name it...
Comments
Profile Views 1205
DSC03886.JPG DSC03884.JPG

ThatGuyWithTheFish
perugiae

Your Avatar
I really like how the wood pieces branch over middle! It's creates a distinct environment and helps keep the middle from being too bare. Very good aquascaping, a top-notch tank for sure.

izabella87
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Thanks ! Lots of work, re-work and maintenance to get to this final result. Hopefully in a few months my star moss (ordered from Singapore) will cover a bigger surface of the rocks.

150EH
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
Your tank looks very nice and it also looks very clean or algae free.

marshmallow_fluff86

Your Avatar
Woooooooow! This is beautiful!!! I read that you ordered some star moss, thought about it myself! Be sure to share more pictures! :)

izabella87
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
The fun part is there is no algae growing.. I limit time of light at 8-9 hrs. Regular 5-7 days water changes of 20%.. nothing really magical.

gudgeon_42
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Many people go overboard with plants etc or they don't have enough. This tank is the perfect balance between the two. I like the effect the background gives too.

izabella87
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
gudgeon_42 Thank you :) I like to be able to see my fish in a "planted tank" hehe

sinthesis
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
This is gorgeous. Very artistic design.

tanks4allthefish
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Your tank is very interesting. Nicely done.

callisto9
Planted Member

Your Avatar
This is amazing! I've been looking through all the tanks and I think this is my favorite one. Great job!