willeyeam 15g? - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

Composite.jpg
User willeyeam
Size 15g?
Date Started summer '05
Lighting one 19Watt 20" daylight flourescent
Equipment one "whisper" (BS) air pump for circulation NOT oxygen/CO2 (i only run it occassionally to clean the surface), no filter, no nothing
CO2 n/a
Substrate naturally occuring detritious; java moss; worm, shrimp, frog, and fish poop
Parameters there is a suspended island of woven bamboo with mosses and plants, and the duckweed flows counterclockwise (direction of life) around it.
Fertilization dead leaves from my house plants, rarely, and preferably flower petals or leaves from a succulent because they keep surviving and growing into plants in there instead of decomposing
Plants java moss, duck weed, some mosses I found in the woods in Oregon, Jade Tree, some little succulent, microbial flora and fauna (my own culture)
Inhabitants pair African Dwarf Frogs (male and female, i think), breeding pair Bettas, 1 Pitbull Pleco, 4 Amano Shrimp, 1 big pink wood shrimp, 1 Apple Snail, populations of bloodworms and black worms.
Comments I don't have to add nutrients or filter the water. This is a totally successful ecosystem! it's been going for two years-ish, the critters have been in there for over a year!
Profile Views 564

willeyeam
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
The three extra pictures are: The Male Betta's Bubble Nest (I don't think he got any); An ADF in Focus (had to use a magnifying glass!); The ADF Hunting Worms, near the crystals and the meteroite marble.

willeyeam
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
here's a video of an ADF training for the tiniolympics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slT4RQ-DEag

willeyeam
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
the fourth picture is the frog in front of my cave-leaf-bubble technology

phatpanduh
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Doesn't look pleasant

rustbucket
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Looks pretty cool, very unique!

Username
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I really like it. It reminds me of a murky pond, and looks realistic. I don't know a lot about aquatics, but you may want to consider some form of water circulation. cool dude!!!