Wayne Disqus 300 - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

DSC_0111.JPG
User Wayne Disqus
Size 300
Date Started April 10, 2012
Lighting 2x Four foot HO T5 four bulb wide.
Equipment ?I need to make a diy wet/dry
CO2 Aquatech Reg Pro / 20 Gallon Tank
Substrate undecided
Parameters
Fertilization
Plants open with short grasses
Inhabitants large school of cardinal tetras maybe
Comments This is my first build of any magnitude.
Profile Views 667
DSC_0113.JPG DSC_0003.JPG

Wayne Disqus
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Hey, how's it going everyone? I just signed up for this awesome forum today. I bought this tank off clist on a whim and have decided to go for a large planted theme. It's a 90Lx30Wx24H 300 gallon acrylic. It's alittle rough around the edges, but I'm gonna give it a go. While money isn't a huge issue right now I'd like to stick to a do it myself type project. I plan on building a stand and filtration system, which I've never actually done.. I understand that the sump is not ideal for a planted tank, but I'm gonna try and make it work anyway! I'm a total rookie so Please tell me what you'd do if it was you. Thanks

Sircatwaffle

Your Avatar
Depending if you want to go cheap or not, idk what to tell you. I went cheap and used some organic miracle grow capped sand and gravel. for lighting, i used a 48 inch shoplight from wallymart with 2 40 watt plant bulbs.

Brian041
Planted Member

Your Avatar
how much did you get the tank for?

150EH
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
Sumps are great for planted tanks and MTS would be great to because they are nutrient rich, just make sure your light is strong enough to grow your plant list, I know a guy with good prices so pm if needed, there are good product to make scratches and yellowing a thing of the past, good luck and build a strong stand that going to be heavy.