leaa 10 gal / 40L - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

Zen 10g redux dec2011 high res.jpg
User leaa
Size 10 gal / 40L
Date Started June 2010
Lighting Single tube flourescent T8 15 watt
Equipment HOB filter, internal heater.
CO2 Excel daily
Substrate Small grade black gravel
Parameters Ammonia 0ppm Nitrite 0ppm Nitrate 10ppm KH 3 GH 4
Fertilization Aquamaster Plant Food (liquid), dose 2x normal dose every 2nd day. NPK 2.6,0,5 with trace elements.
Plants anubias sp, lacefern, hornwort, enchinodorus tenellus, java fern 'windelov', regular java fern, dwarf anubias (nana?), Hemianthis micranthemoides, Hemianthus callichtroides 'cuba pearl grass'
Inhabitants 1 honey gourami, 5 cherry barbs, red cherry shrimp.
Comments
Profile Views 1543

Msouza91
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Wow your tank is the same thing im going for! I find it amazing how you only use excel and teh standard lighting with gravel. Any tips how long did it take to become that full?

keilatan
Planted Member

Your Avatar
That is a killer 10g!

leaa
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thank you all kindly! Msouza, just fast growing plants ;). Lacefern and hornwort (hornwort esp) require regular trimming as they grow so fast, and the HM grows well too. I Started the HC as plugs, which fill in fast in s small space, and while some does lift (i think my cherry barbs pick at it!), it seems to also grow fast. I also dose liquid ferts every 2nd day, and just siphon water from the center column as the whole floor is planted, so most fish waste etc remains to help provide nutrition to the gravel and roots. Easy to clean when heavily planted ;).

bluegoldfish
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Wow! So gorgeous. Now I'm going to look up some of the plants you listed and see if I can find them nearby!

FisheriesOmen
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
....That's what I'm doing for my 10gal :D but ill have to use plants that don't need CO2 cause Reef tanks are my main focus (and I'm poor :/).

crazydeweycat
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
amazing tank!!! I now have hope that I might be able to get mine to look like yours

Jwozz

Your Avatar
I love how lush it is! Beautiful tank.

sleepswithdafishez
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Great tank! IS your light fixture diy or did you buy it? 15 watt in 40 gallon does the job for low light plants after all....(plus co2 and ferts )of course