squidsquiggle 36 Gallon Bowfront - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

IMG_6440.png
User squidsquiggle
Size 36 Gallon Bowfront
Date Started ~May 2009
Lighting 1x 24w 6500k T5HO bulb
Equipment 2x Penguin 200 Biowheel filters
CO2 2x DIY bottles, chopstick diffusers
Substrate Pool Filter Sand, River Rocks, Mopani Driftwood
Parameters 72 degrees, ph 7.4
Fertilization Root Tabs, Seachem Flourish Complete
Plants Anubias, Watersprite, Wisteria, Onion Plant, Pennywort, Argentinian Sword, mystery moss
Inhabitants 1x Ryukin Goldfish, ∞x pond/bladder snails
Comments Plants added only a few months ago. Please excuse the breeding net. I'm trying to grow out a handful of floating plants in the better lighting of this tank, and the goldfish keeps eating them. Update! Removed the fake plants and changed to pool filter sand. Onion plants not doing too well, but everything else is great.
Profile Views 604
tankfull.png

Byakuya
Planted Member

Your Avatar
if that's a 36 gallon tank you have one mighty goldfish :O!

squidsquiggle
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
She is pretty darn big! Almost 4 years old. :)

LilGreenPuffer
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Goldfish are social, so you may want to consider putting her in a larger tank with other goldies. That tank is gorgeous, though!

Gold Finger
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Nice to know ya Squid. Your fish is cool, and so's the tank. Way to go. People are so used to seeing stunted little goldfish. I have seen a moor almost a foot long. About the size of a smallish cat.

squidsquiggle
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Glad you like it, Puffer! Sadly, her tankmate passed away from a tumor a few months ago, and I'm waiting until I move to set up a 40 breeder for her and any new friends. Thanks, Gold Finger! Like I said, I was very excited to see your planted goldfish tank post. They tend to have such a bad reputation, I'm always glad to find other goldie enthusiasts.

Keaton0_o
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
OMG i love how your tank looks so beautiful! Your Gold is nice and fat and looks in great shape, i all so love the rock with the plants on the left Great! 5/5