SEfaw 3gal. - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

004.JPG
User SEfaw
Size 3gal.
Date Started
Lighting
Equipment Whisper 1-3 gallon filter
CO2
Substrate
Parameters
Fertilization
Plants Fake
Inhabitants Betta
Comments
Profile Views 407

Aquaticscaper

Your Avatar
Get the betta out of this tank! This fish needs a lot of fine plants to hide. And btw: Plants are good not only for aesthetic reasons but also for a biological balance and to produce oxygen for the fish. This ist animal cruelty! :-(

Bree
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
I think it very harsh of you to say this is animal cruelty as a 3 gallon tank is a good size, and this is filtered and such, which is way more than most give their bettas. And although some more plants would look great and the betta would be happier- this is again, not animal cruelty...

RNeiswander
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Lol aquaticscaper. Bettas are anabantoids which means they breath oxygen out of the atmosphere. So no live plants would not help this fish breath. But i agree, plants and different gravel would make a world of difference on this tank.

Aquaticscaper

Your Avatar
I also said in the first place, that the fish need plants to HIDE. That the plants produce the oxygen was noticed only in passing. The aquarium is definitely not appropriate to the species!

LilGreenPuffer
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
This fish really does need plants to hide in! Plus, he REALLY needs a heater. Try ultimatebettas.com.

Z71kitty
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Nice betta! Please give him a plant or two. Real or fake plants. Fish feel safer when they have at least one plant to hide.