Bree 20 Gallons. - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

6473220445_1d34416ff9_z.jpg
User Bree
Size 20 Gallons.
Date Started July 2010- July 2012
Lighting Aquatic Life T5HO Dual lamp, 2x 24 watt.
Equipment Penn Plax 500 canister Filter.
CO2 2x 2 liter DIY Yeast CO2. Diffuses through filter intake.
Substrate 100% Flourite Dark.
Parameters Never tested.
Fertilization Whole Seachem line- minus trace.
Plants Cambomba Caroliana, Moneywort, Crypt Wendtii, Alternanthera reineckii. 16/09/11: Added Echinodorus tenellus, Shinnersia Rivularis, Rotala Indica and Hygro polysperma 'Rosanervig'
Inhabitants 4 Neon Tetras, 1 Honey gouramis, 1 female Betta, 2 Adolfi Corys, 2 SAE, 3 ottos and 6 Black skirt tetra.
Comments This is my first planted tank, i have now upsized to a 45 gallon fluval bowfront, and had to shut this one down...
Profile Views 1700

Thamizhandaa...
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I like ur Cobombas....

mmfujiusn
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Great Tank! Your Gourami doesn't shred your cobombas?

Bree
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Thanks you two! And no, i actually got the gouramis to check out a bit of the algae hanging off some plants. They would peck at that and leave the plant alone. Loved them, but sadly i got one aggressive one that killed another and was going after the last two, so i kept him and gave away the other 2 remaining ones.

Aquamom
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Nice tank! Is that aqua-blue thing a prefilter sponge? May I suggest a black one? A little less noticeable. If you would like to know where you can order a black one, please PM me.

Bree
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Thanks for the comment, the blue thing is actually a magnet cleaner, i couldn't find any other colour. lol I tried to hide it behind the filter intake. Bad idea, it didn't work. haha The newest picture i jut put up is with the added plants. My plan is to grow them into well maintained bushes and grow the red plant on the right to be similar to the left and so on...