leodeal384 37 Gallon - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

004.JPG
User leodeal384
Size 37 Gallon
Date Started 8/21/2011
Lighting Current 2x24w T5HO
Equipment Eclipse System 3
CO2 None
Substrate Topsoil capped with Pool Filter Sand
Parameters Never Tested
Fertilization None Yet
Plants Anubias nanas, najas guadelupensis, java fern, java moss, hydrophila sp., salvinia.
Inhabitants 2x Large Female Sailfin Mollies, 4x Golden Topminnow
Comments
Profile Views 936

Wendeli
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
OMG you have the same tank as me o.o Did you directly attach the t5s onto the built in system or did you do some DIY work? I need to up my wattage so I'd love the help =-= Your plants look so much better than mine.

leodeal384
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I attempted doing a direct retrofit, but I couldn't seal the splash shield well enough. I wasn't comfortable running it like that considering how humid this hood gets. I ended up placing the whole fixture on a glass top under the hood. It's a pain to get my hands in the tank, but it works. I also have a few vents drilled in the eclipse hood. As of now, there is no moisture build up. I'll update with some pictures showing the lighting.

Wendeli
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
That'd be great. I was thinking of attaching a t5 hood to the area behind the lighting where you lift up to access the filter, but the filter splashes and there's no way to really avoid this. I can't picture exactly what you're describing but it sounds like something far more than I'm capable of doing.

leodeal384
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Little update-Added pictures and showed the lighting setup. I need to go dipnetting soon and see what turns up. Here's to hoping for something new!

Wendeli
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thanks for the pic. I think I'll try that before placing it into the back. Your plants are looking great btw :D