chiefroastbeef ADA 60P 18 Gallons Low Tech - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

DSC_9100 - Version 2.jpg
User chiefroastbeef
Size ADA 60P 18 Gallons Low Tech
Date Started March 2011
Lighting DIY LED
Equipment Hydor 10 Canister Filter, Fluval Surface Skimmer, no heater
CO2 none
Substrate Fluval Stratum, ADA Nile Sand
Parameters Awesome
Fertilization Flourish Comprehensive (occasionally), fish poop
Plants
Inhabitants 9 Cardinal Tetras, 5 Ember Tetras, 5 Pygmy Cories, 2 Pearl Celestial Danios, 7 Nerite snails, Tiger and Red Cherry Shrimp
Comments
Profile Views 2030

night9eyes
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Stunning tank, very lush. And the picture of your floating plants is truly magazine quality :)

dorris

Your Avatar
I love what you've accomplished in such a small space. Your choice of plants is great and the overall piece is beautiful. The only thing that jumps out at me as in the wrong place is the red in the corner. I'm not sure. Perhaps it could grow behind the edge of the green a bit more, or at least have some green in front of it. I think it detracts from the rest of the layout a bit which is awesome without it. Still does with it though. :) Seems like a lot of fish in there too. It must be near to bursting with action. :)

snipj760

Your Avatar
Beautiful!!

Bombalurina
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
That is so beautiful! *drools*

chiefroastbeef
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Glad you guys like the tank! I agree, the red is in the wrong corner, There is actually some green stems growing behind it, and I may move the reds to the right a little when I get back from my trip. I actually want a little less fish in there. But I can't catch fish worth beans (I will curse, cry, lay on the floor before I will catch a fish), and I don't want to tear down the entire tank to catch them. I tried various methods suggested for catching fish, but no luck. :) Thank you again for the compliments folks.

Aquamom
Planted Member

Your Avatar
The one rock looks like a sitting frog. Is it a frog ornament, or just a rock? Love the floating plants! Beautiful tank!

chiefroastbeef
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Thanks! The sitting frog you refer is also a rock. They are all ADA Seiryu rocks bought here in Hong Kong, they are great looking rocks with character, looks good with sand or dark soil.

anubiasnick
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
This is by far the best tank on this site and my favourite , good to see someone being original ,its not copied, tacky and neither does it look like a primary school child did it ( as most here do!) CONGRATS

britnis

Your Avatar
What do you do for the Algae management? Its really a tough job to manintain algae in my 20G tank. Any suggestions???

rodstewart
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Gorgeous tank!!!