joshmills11 10 GALLON - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

3-8-1.jpg
User joshmills11
Size 10 GALLON
Date Started 2-1-2011
Lighting 75 WATT FLORESCENT PLANT LIGHT(WAL MART 9.99) WORKS GREAT AND VERY COST EFFECTIVE! ALUMINUM FOIL FOR LID B/C THE LIGHT HANGS OVER THE TANK ON BOTH SIDES
Equipment 20-40 GALLON (HANG ON THE BACK) EXTERNAL FILTER ALONG WITH MY CO2 DIFFUSER IS A 5-15 GALLON INTERNAL FILTER
CO2 HOME MADE (TWO 1 LITER PLASTIC BOTTLES W/ 2 TABLE SPOONS OF ACTIVATED YEAST AND 2 CUPS OF BROWN SUGAR IN EACH BOTTLE) HOME MADE BUBBLE COUNTER. DIFFUSER IS ONE UNDER GRAVEL STACK WITH THE TOP SEALED WITH A CAP, (UP SIDE DOWN IN TANK) BOTTOM NEAR SUBSTRATE IS CARBON FILTER, 5-15 GALLON IS DRILLED IN THE SIDE NEAR THE TOP TO MIX THE CO2 IN THE STACK. (SEE PICTURE) MY DESCRIPTION IS NOT THE BEST..LOL
Substrate FLUORITE ABOUT 10-12 LBS
Parameters
Fertilization ONCE IN A WHILE I WILL TOSS IN A CAP FULL OF API LEAF ZONE (FROM PETS MART)
Plants WATER WISTERIA, MICRO SWORD, WENTI (MY CENTER TANK PLANT LOOKS LIKE A SWORD), MONDO GRASS, JAVA FERN, JUNGLE VAL, ANACHARIS, ONION PLANT, JAVA MOSS,
Inhabitants 3 ZEBRA DANYOS, HAD SIX BUT COULD ONLY CATCH 3, TRYING TO GET RID OF THE ZEBRAS (TOO BUSY FOR MY TASTE) AND ABOUT A DOZEN GHOST SHRIMP.
Comments
Profile Views 314

Mark F.

Your Avatar
Yeah, danios are nice-looking fish in photos, but they're kinda too hyper to admire in real life, aren't they? What were you thinking of replacing them with? Harlequin rasboras would probably work nice in this tank - they're just active enough to not be boring (but just mellow enough to admire), and their colors go well with flourite!