spyder 56 Gallon (30x18x24) - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

CRW_6204.jpg
User spyder
Size 56 Gallon (30x18x24)
Date Started 02-13-2011
Lighting AquaticLife 30" 2x24w-Planta/2x24w-LifeGlo T5HO, 4 Moonlight LEDs. 1x20w T8 daylight bulb.
Equipment 2 x Eheim Classic 2215's, 1 x Hydor Koralia nano
CO2 Seachem Flourish Excel (15ml/wk)
Substrate CaribSea Eco-Complete
Parameters PH: 7.4, NH3: 0, NO2: 0, NO3: 5-10, dKH: 5, dH: 10
Fertilization Seachem Flourish Iron, Seachem Flourish Phosphorus, Seachem Flourish Potassium
Plants Anubias barteri, Anubias barteri var. nana, Echinodorus bleheri, Echinodorus osiris, Cryptocoryne wendtii (Red and Green), Cabomba caroliniana, Rotala indica, Sagittaria subulata
Inhabitants 3 Angelfish (P. scalare), 2 Peppered Corydoras, 5 Panda Corys, 3 Clown Loaches, 6 Otocinclus, 3 Black Skirt Tetras, 5 Rasboras, 10 Amano Shrimp, 5 Nerite snails
Comments All rocks collected from Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. Lighting is set up in a multi-phasic pattern, blue LED's for sunrise/sunset, t8 daylight bulb for morning/dusk, t5ho's for noon/afternoon. with everything off for an hour in the middle of the day to reduce algal growth.
Profile Views 1096

spyder
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
2/18/11: Tank upgrade complete, man that was a lot of work moving everything from the old tank to the new one, angels already spawned in it. Going to wait a while before putting on the finishing touches and swapping out some livestock. Expect updates in a few weeks when everything is grown in.

Inkling
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
That's a pretty piece of driftwood you have there.

dorris

Your Avatar
It does look nice, but I feel the scape itself is a bit too symmetrical for my taste. Also, there is just too much going on for the eyes. It's a little too busy with every plant being different, so it looses its naturalness a bit. I like the small pic with the top chopped off, if that were it, it would look better.

spyder
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Redid tank and replaced flourite with eco-complete, looks much better now.

Abs

Your Avatar
nice work!

Mannie Bothans
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Nice job! I have a tank with the same dimensions. For how many hours each day do you run the t5HOs? And you run 4 of those at a time? For how long do you run the t8 each day?