carolsmith7878 20 Gallons - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

PICT1904.jpg
User carolsmith7878
Size 20 Gallons
Date Started Running for over 2 years, planted 12Feb2011
Lighting Nova Extreme 2 x24 T5 Freshwater
Equipment HOB filter (whisper 40 power filter), Red LED bubble-wand
CO2 Flourish Excel 2-3 mL starting dose, may increase if necessary.
Substrate Mixed, bright colored gravel.
Parameters
Fertilization Flourish 2mL, Flourish Iron 2 mL.
Plants Aponogetons, Amazon Sword, Banana Plants, Cabomba, Crinum, Corkscrew Vals, A bit of Guppy Grass, & Water Sprite.
Inhabitants Malaysian Trumpet Snails, Pond Snails, Ghost Shrimp, 7 adult male Guppies, 7 juvenile guppies (living in here til colors show, then will be traded/sold), 2 female balloon mollies, 2 female sailfin mollies, 1 oto, 1 very old pleco (not sure what kind, but suspect clown pleco as he has never gotten over 3 inches).
Comments This tank belongs to and was completely designed by my 7 year-old son. I helped very little with the planting, the design is entirely his. He also took all the pictures and is anxiously awaiting people's comments. :-)
Profile Views 546

Mark F.

Your Avatar
What keeps Patrick from falling off the roof of the Krusty Krab? ;-) That was a good idea to put all the tall plants behind the ornaments, and the short plants up front, interspersed between them. Squidward's house looks funny with plants in front of the door/mouth -very cool! Would love to see a close-up photo of the "very old pleco" - maybe then somebody can give you a more positive ID on the exact species.

craigee2199
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Ya' know, I gave this a 5 star rating because I looked at it and was automatically transported back to my cartoon watching days. I love it, very creative.

Granny
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I love it ;) I wish every kid could design and photograph their own tank. It's very colorful and happy! It makes me smile. Great job kid!

CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Absolutely love this! Wish I could do as good a job as your son! My son likes your tank too! He's 10 and we both love spongebob too! Excellent photos too!

Z71kitty
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I've always wanted to do a Spongebob tank.The multi colored rocks look good in there. It's nice to see a fun tank that's not so serious or demanding. We are never too old for Spongebob!!!