nalu86 55G - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

tank 01-25-11 6.jpg
User nalu86
Size 55G
Date Started Juli 2010
Lighting Odyssea 216w 4x 54w T5HO Running 1 x 54w 10000K
Equipment Odyssea cfs500 with spray-bar + Fluval 305
CO2 DIY CO2 1.4l jar into Fluval 305 for diffusing
Substrate Gravel + sand
Parameters PH 6
Fertilization Flourish
Plants Amazon Sword (Echinodorus amazonicus), Anubias, Banana Plant (Nymphoides aquatica), Cryptocorynes,
Inhabitants female Gold Ram, female GBR, 8x Neon tetra, 2 Guppy and Ghost shrimp
Comments For the first 6 months I was only running the original lighting from the tank: 2x 20" or so 18w T8 lights and did not feed any ferts. The plants grew slowly and survived... Sins a week I am running 1 T5 bulb and my plants are pearling. I also dose 3-4 times a week Flourish. I never had algae. Starting over in Juli, using MTS, High light, Paintball CO2 and Ferts to create my dream aquascape.
Profile Views 823

gbose
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Nice. Don't really like the flowerpot, though.....everything else looks great!

Kibblemania1414
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
dude.... that tank is the beast!!! i love the way you separated it into sections for the plants that like gravel and the plants that like sand. nice idea with the rock separator. i love the plant in the sand, it looks definitely like the center-piece. i think i might do that, make a barrier and split. thanks, this one gets 5 stars!!!

Z71kitty
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Sweet! Please add front view pics!