Aquamom 20-gallon-high, coldwater - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

8x10jellies and glo-fish, rich aquascape, Dojo.jpg
User Aquamom
Size 20-gallon-high, coldwater
Date Started Sept. 26, 2010
Lighting fluorescent light that came with tank
Equipment AquaClear 50 hob filter, 4" airstone with revertible pump
CO2 none
Substrate pea gravel
Parameters ammonia: 0; nitrite: 0; nitrates: 5ppm; pH: 7.4; KH: 5; GH: 89.5; coldwater temps 65F to 72F
Fertilization nitrates in tank
Plants moss balls on substrate; floating hornwort, java moss, water sprite, riccia
Inhabitants white cloud minnows; zebra and glo-fish danios; rosy barbs; 2 weather loach dojos; RCS; trapdoor snails
Comments Jellyfish are faux but fun! Totally harmless to my fish.
Profile Views 449

gbose
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
HP Lovecraft lives and rules!!!

Aquamom
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Not sure what you're talking about -- HP Lovecraft. This is a genuine, untouched and unaltered photo, and what you see actually was in the tank at the time I took it. If Lovecraft is something like Photoshop, I don't use things like that on my pics.

gh0ul
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
lol.... Actually i think that was a comment in a beautifully morbid manner. H.P Lovecraft was a writer in the early 30s arguably responsible for a good portion of todays horror and scifi. I myself love his work although his style may seem quite hard to follw die to his unique writing character. Lovecraft's work had developed a cult following for his Cthulhu Mythos.... anyway.... He was a writer ahead of his time with a beautifully warped mind.... So it was not a flame... just a clever comment

Aquamom
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Thank you for the education. I didn't know that. And thanks for the intended compliment, which I now realize that was. Yes, creative imagination can express in some interesting ways in aquaria. I have fun with my tank every time I rescape it. Always something new to come up with.