BradC 55 Gallon - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

014.jpg
User BradC
Size 55 Gallon
Date Started 11/1/2010
Lighting Two 54 watt T5HO (108 watt total) on for 8 hours daily. 4 LED's on after lights out.
Equipment Eheim Pro 2 Series 2026, 200 watt Jager Heater, ADA Glass Diffuser, ADA Drop Checker, Sundial T5HO 48", and GLA Primo CO2 System.
CO2 Pressurized
Substrate Aqua Soil Amazonia II (3X 9 liter bags) bottom layer, Aqua Soil Amazonia II Powder Type (2X 3 liters) top layer.
Parameters PH 6.3, KH 4, GH 5, Ammonia 0, Nitrate, 5-15, Nitrite 0, Temp 84-86 F
Fertilization EI
Plants Dwarf Hairgrass (Eleocharis acicularis), Rotala 'nanjenshan', Ludwigia Peruensis, Heteranthera Stargrass (Heteranthera zosterfolia), Green Temple Narrow (Hygro Corombosa), Glossostigma (Glossostigma elatinoides).
Inhabitants 2 Discus, 5 Amano shrimp, 2 SAE (1-1.5 inches), and 3 Nerite Snails.
Comments Page 2 of pictures shows the tank when it was first planted on 11/15/10. Main picture is from 12/15/10.
Profile Views 3052

Aquamom
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Beautiful tank!

Mark F.

Your Avatar
This is an excellent example of a composition that's actually stronger for not having the hardscape covered with epiphytes: the uncovered reddish brown of the large piece of wood towards the left nicely counter-balances the reddish plants in the far right corner. To emphasize the crisp, clean beauty of this tank, I'd suggest putting up some kind of unpatterned background (probably black, but up to you) to hide all that equipment on the shelf behind the tank. Do that, and I think you've probably got an award-winner on your hands here!

acropora1981
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Gorgeous. Well done.

Aquamom
Planted Member

Your Avatar
I agree about having an opaque black background. That would finish off this work of art very nicely.

acropora1981
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Can we get detailed plant list for this tank?

3jcs

Your Avatar
Awesome tank. I'm new here, and hoping to get my 46 gal going soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

hisyam79

Your Avatar
Great work. But I can't afford the expensive equipment like you are using. can you suggest the cheaper brand for a beginner like me?

Kelly444

Your Avatar
Awesome!

craigee2199
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
That is gorgeous! Very nicely done.

tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Love this. The plants are perfect and the red plants accentuate the wood and rock. With or without a background it is very beautiful, good job.