lljdma06 15US g, "high" - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

main.jpg
User lljdma06
Size 15US g, "high"
Date Started August, 2003, no longer exists.
Lighting Coralife 28W T5 fixture (2 14W bulbs, 6700K)
Equipment Aquaclear 30, submersible heater
CO2 1 Nutrafin canister with bubble ladder. 1/2 tsp yeast, 1/2 cup sugar, changed 2x a week.
Substrate Natural aquarium gravel with rootabs. Hadn't discovered laterite yet.
Parameters pH 6.4, kH 4, Nitrates 20ppm, Phosphorus 1ppm, Iron 1ppm.
Fertilization This was an EI tank all the way. I don't quite remember the schedule, but I was going through a lot of liquid ferts. It was a small tank, so I used all Seachem liquid products and got pretty good results.
Plants Myriophyllum aquaticum, Rotala rotundifolia, Rotala macrandra, Egeria najas, Glossostigma elatinoides, Alternanthera reineckii, Lemna minor (occasional visitor, often removed), Cryptocryne wendtii red, Cryptocryne willisii, lutea, or parva (not entirely sure on that one), Nymphaea lotus zenkeri var. 'Red', Lysimachia nummularia
Inhabitants 9 Rasbora heteromorpha, 8 Corydoras pygmaeus, 4 Colisa sota
Comments This tank was dismantled when I moved from IL to FL. I managed to save a lot of the plants which are now featured in my other tanks. The fish I sold back for quite a bit since they were huge!
Profile Views 1575

asiansensation2000
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Super nice tank. Good job!

CAPisces
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
The colors are amazing! Great Job!

sparklewina
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I would love some advice on how to achieve this kind of look in a low-tech tank with medium light and no CO2. I love the variety of plant sizes, leaf shapes and colors you had going on here - this is one of my favorite tanks I've seen so far and I've gotten through about half of the gallery.

Aquamom
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Visually very pleasing! Love the variety.