acropora1981 90 Gallons - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

Donnastank_Dec24.jpg
User acropora1981
Size 90 Gallons
Date Started July, 2010
Lighting 4 x 54W HOT5 - 1 colormax, 2 6700k and 1 10000k
Equipment Eheim Pro II 2028, Hydor Inline Heater, Koralia Nano flow pump, timers, auto top off
CO2 Full pressurized CO2 and inline reactor
Substrate Seachem Fluorite
Parameters pH ~6.8, hardness 150ppm, temperature 78F
Fertilization PMDD and macro's
Plants Hygro(?), crypt w., HC, R. rotofundia
Inhabitants 4 F1 P. scalare angels(wild type obv.), 25 harlequin rasboroas, 10 gold ancistrus plecos, swordtails, amano shrimp
Comments
Profile Views 1700

acropora1981
Planted Member

Your Avatar
The two images that have less growth were taken in I beleive late Semptember, and the second set is from Dec 24. In both sets of images the Angelfish are defending eggs - the pair on the left is, the other pair have not yet done any laying, but do appear to be a pair. HC was originally planned for the foreground, but it failed to thrive, so I've just let it slowly fall out. I may replace it with Glosso in the new year.

Viv
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Its got a bit too 'bushy' for my tastes. I liked seeing the rock in the earlier photos but they've disappeared. The plants look god and healthy though :o)

acropora1981
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Viv, I know what you mean - I need to find a happy medium for the hygro - I want it tall enough to cover the pipes, but I would also like to see the rock formation. I'll try a more agressive pruning this week, and then see if I can get some more pics.

Water Conditions

Your Avatar
So nice.