BlackAngel 180g 8fx2fx18 - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

main.jpg
User BlackAngel
Size 180g 8fx2fx18
Date Started 31 May 2006
Lighting 350watts Total
Equipment Fluval FX5 Canister Filter + Atman EF-4 Canister Filter + 2 300wtt heaters + 8wtt power head on during the day for a little bit of extra flow around the tank
CO2 None
Substrate 3.5" of 50% Flourite, 50% gravel/sand
Parameters Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 10, PH: 7.0, Phosphate: 1, GH: 6, KH: 3, Temp: Day 28c - Night 26c
Fertilization Flourish + Flourish Excel + Flourish tablets in substrate around swords, etc.
Plants 1 x Echinodorus osiris, 1 x Echinodorus parviflorus, lots of Sunset Hygro, 2 x Echinodorus major, 1 x Ceratopteris siliquosa, 4 assorted sizes of Echinodorus amazonnicus, 2 x Echinodorus barthii (Red Melon), 1 x Echinodorus cordifolius, 1 x Echinodorus Ozelot 'Red Flame', 1 x Aponogeton crispus, wisteria, and many sorts of cryps and other plants.
Inhabitants 23 neons, 3 black neons, 4 harlequin rasboras, 20 assorted platy's, 24 assorted m+f guppies, 2 clown loaches, 4 yoyo (Pakistani) loaches, 1 8inch sailfin golden spotted pleco, 10 zebra danio's, 2 three spot gourami's, 1 golden gourami, 2 sae's, 30 glass shrimp
Comments People often ask me "Isn't hard to look after?". If you keep up with your water changes, no it's not hard to look after. A 20-30% water change is done every fortnight on this tank. You'll have no drama's if you keep up-to-date with it, I hardly ever clean algea, as the "cleaning crew" do it for me!
Profile Views 3235

Spitfire_01

Your Avatar
WOW... Stellar setup... It's definitely not easy making a tank as large as yours so lush and thriving with plants... I could only imagine how much u spent on all the plants, but it's well worth it in the end. it definitely gives you much more to look at. And i like the fact u fought the urge to over populate it with fish..

Carla G

Your Avatar
Looks like a lovely home for your fish!

Destinee
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Teach me! please, this is by far one of the prettiest tanks I have seen, where is this located in your home?

MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Truely amazing. Love the length.

cory1

Your Avatar
This tank is gorgeous....