Suenell 55 - Your Tanks
10-07-10 01 Aquarium - both bulbs are plant-aquarium but R side is from aquarium supplies edt.jpg
User Suenell
Size 55
Date Started 2010, May 20
Lighting 2 fluorescent plant/aquarium tubes in the back. I bought 1 in the household lighting department & it seems to give an "Amazon water" effect (on the L side). The other that I bought from the pet section has a sparkling blue effect (the R side). I don't know if 1 is better than the other for the plants but the fish seems to prefer the L side of the tank with the more natural lighting.
Equipment 2 double filters hanging off the back, 2 hoods each w/1 fluorescent plant tube, 1 external air pump running bubblers, 1 heater, 1 submerged pump for an undergravel filter but running it as aerator
CO2 simply bubblers
Substrate Just natural colored pea-gravel but plan on putting something else under it after I get another aquarium to put my fish in while I researt this aquarium.
Fertilization ice cubed Osmocote
Plants Moneywort (seems to have melted at this time), Ruby Red Melon Sword, Wisteria, Giant Hygrophilia, Wendtii Red, Amazon Sword
Inhabitants 2 lg snails, 3 Neons, 2 albino Coreys, 1 Plecostemus, 5 Mollies, 1 Angels, 1 Danios, 1 small grey frogs, 1 Headlight Tetras, 2 Fire Tetras, 5 Guppies, 5 Tiger Tetras
Comments I've had tanks on & off since my teens. Since being disabled & on a strict budget, I've found that not having a TV is not missed at all because when I need to watch something I can enjoy the plants sway in the current & the fish happily swimming in the environment I've given them. I'm on the prowl for a nice piece of driftwood to add when I upgrade the substrate & get some Java Moss for it!
Profile Views 644
There are no comments for this profile yet! Be the First.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome