caall99 20 Gallon Tall - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

IMG_4056.JPG
User caall99
Size 20 Gallon Tall
Date Started 15 June 2010
Lighting Odyssea 2x24W T5HO
Equipment SunSun 302 Canister Filter (rated for up to 100 gallon tanks), Marineland Stealth Pro 150 Watt Heater
CO2 All equipment ready for DIY CO2, just have to plug it in and go!
Substrate Eco-complete
Parameters 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, <10 ppm Nitrate, ~80 Deg. F., pH 7.3
Fertilization Seachem Flourish EXCEL randomly
Plants Anubia, Watersprite, Water Hysteria, Wavy Sword Plant, Hygrophila, Amazon Sword, Java Fern, Java Moss, Marimo Moss Ball, Mopani Driftwood
Inhabitants 5 Otocinclus Catfish, 7 Neon Tetra, 6 White Cloud Minnow, 2 German Blue Rams, 4 Albino Corys, 1 Kuhli Loach and an infinite number of dwarf Ramshorn, Pond, and Malaysian Trumpet snails!
Comments Please rate my tank!
Profile Views 1774

peter_l
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Looks great!

caall99
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Clown loach no longer part of this community. Was promptly returned after an expensive snacking on my amano shrimp. Instead replaced with 2 otos and 2 SAEs. You can still spot the clown loach in the background behind the heater in one of those pictures.

mattycakesclark
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
I have the same light fixture on a 20H also. I have intense algae. Wondering how your DIY CO2 and inline reactor are looking

caall99
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
No co2 yet and no real algae issues yet. I actually increased my photo period to grow MORE algae, but instead my plants overgrew my tank.

caall99
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
3 Neon tetras died of unknown causes. I assume NTD. 2 SAEs dead. One died of unknown causes and 1 probably jumped to his death or died and then was eaten (can't find him lol). 3 Amano shrimp dead. One eaten by clown loach, other two probably harassed to death by the 1 remaining SAE which is becoming more and more of a bully.

Patriot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Nice tank hopefully i can turn my tank into something like that

Fahnell
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
neons are rather inbreed these days. i breed them and i must tell you that from a spawning i get 2-3 fry at best to survive and NTD is always with them..i suspect genetic weakening You tank will be better with cardinals imo. anyway 5* from me

caall99
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Thank you for the nice comments and generous ratings. I have been somewhat lazy with tank maintenance on this one and have diverted more attention to my second creation. 75 gallon planted tank! http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yourtanks.php?do=view&id=2362

caall99
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Updated livestock!

Imi Statue
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Hi Do you have any updates? I really like the layout of this tank and hope it still lives!