WillyJ 20 gallon high - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

10-30-2010.JPG
User WillyJ
Size 20 gallon high
Date Started Originally 1995, Revitalized July 2010
Lighting 2x24w T5 HO 6700k Life Glo 8hrs/day
Equipment Ehiem Ecco 2232 Canister Filter, 150w heater
CO2 Pressurized 5lb tank with glass diffusor and Burkert 6011 solinoid
Substrate Flourite, sand
Parameters 78F, 6.4 pH, 5 dKH, 8 dGH, 0 ppm Ammonia, 0.05 ppm NO2
Fertilization EI method
Plants Java Moss, Glossostigma Elatinoides, Tiger Lotus, Onion Plant, Java Fern, Anubias
Inhabitants 3x Dwarf Puffers, 2x Kuhli Loachs, 1 ancient Cory, 1 Clown Pleco and occasionally snails for the puffers :)
Comments Got this tank from my dad when he moved. It had an under gravel filter, gravel only substrate and a couple of plants. Ripped out the UGF after cycling the tank with the power filter for ~ 2 weeks, then did the same to switch to the canister filter (found one for a good price). Also, I'm using the regulator and CO2 tank from my old keg-o-rator, works perfectly! Journal: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/tank-journals-photo-album/114849-20gal-high-tech-tiger-tank.html
Profile Views 777

lauriejohnson

Your Avatar
OK, so I'm biased, but this thing never had a dream of looking so good until Will engineered it with care and an artistic flair. Where'd the Zen gate go?

WillyJ
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I've remvoed the netting and am now using fishing line to secure the java moss. I've also added a black backdrop (ugly wallpaper in this pic) and a moonlight. More pics to come.

WillyJ
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I've decided the blue gravel is hideous, any suggestions on how to remove it with out doing a massive overhaul?

Mark F.

Your Avatar
Looks like a successful "re-boot" to me! The planting arrangement has a "comfortable" feel to it, and the combination of of inhabitants should provide plenty of interest.