Hjgpoole 75 Gallons - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

image.jpg
User Hjgpoole
Size 75 Gallons
Date Started 2/01/2014
Lighting Fluval aqualife and plants Current Satellite freshwater plus T8 flora sun
Equipment Penguin bio wheel just a home for mangroves right now ATI sponge hydro pro 5
CO2 None
Substrate Caribsea Floramax mixed with sand
Parameters PH 7.2 Temp 76 KH 120ppm GH 300 ppm
Fertilization None besides what fish create
Plants 8 Red mangrove, Ludwigia, Anacharis, Java Fern, Jungle Vallisneria, Hornwort, Java Moss, Anubias, Christmas Moss, Round Pellia, Riccia, Star Grass and two plants that are unknown.
Inhabitants Platy's, Mollies, Blind Cave Fish, Guppies, Ghost / Red Cherry / Yamato Shrimp, Nerite and Malaysian Snails
Comments Mistakes made but so far live inhabitants have survived and at this time are very healthy ... Including the snails shells with some help of Wonder Shells and calcium
Profile Views 311

Z71kitty
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I like jungle looking tanks like this. More pics please!

Hjgpoole
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Z71kitty ... Thank you This was a livebearer tank and I started out just thinking about the baby fry as I had no intention of separating and fussing with breeder nets and baby tanks etc. Now I have a "messy jungle" as my family calls it but when I sit in front of it I love to watch the baby fish and the shrimp in the mass of plants. So many baby fish I have started giving away to try to keep my population under control!